_ajjie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Our class is going to start Shakespeare. We can choose, out of Romeo and Juliet and Macbeth, which play we can study. I know the plots of both but I haven't studied either. I was wondering if you guys can recommend the better text to be studied
username3444162
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by _ajjie)
Our class is going to start Shakespeare. We can choose, out of Romeo and Juliet and Macbeth, which play we can study. I know the plots of both but I haven't studied either. I was wondering if you guys can recommend the better text to be studied
My personal preference was Macbeth. I just didn't like Romeo and Juliet that much because it was to much based on romance.

I'd go with Macbeth if I had a choice. But hey you go research each play and see which you prefer
Purdy7
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
The shortest. When I did mine, we did Macbeth, and one of Chaucer's Tales then some idiot in the class chose Jane Eyre. At that time we weren't allowed to take the books into the exams, we had to memorise everything. It's a lot easier to recall a shorter book then a long one, and something which is over 300 pages long is insane.

I was lucky I passed my English lit first time, but I am sure there was a high fail mark in my class because one student followed her 'parents' advice to use JE just because it was a 'classic'.

As for story Macbeth is easy to remember but it is so depressing, as is Romeo and Juliet.

Good luck to you with either of those ones.
anosmianAcrimony
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Macbeth vs Romeo and Juliet sounds like a really badass play in which the Montagues and Capulets have to set aside their differences to fight off a Scottish invasion.
questionofrust
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I did Romeo and Juliet, and actually really liked it! In our school, one top set (my class) did Romeo and Juliet, and everyone else did macbeth, and I think our class complained about it the least, so I guess Macbeth wasn't very fun.
baurmannt
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I have studied both and I would say Macbeth, I found that there were more themes to talk about and it was just more interesting to me.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Nov '19
  • University of Hull
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Nov '19
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties - Undergraduate and Postgraduate Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Nov '19

What offers have you received from universities?

Unconditional (20)
22.99%
Unconditional if firmed (4)
4.6%
Unconditional if insurance (0)
0%
Both unconditional and unconditional if firm/insurance (1)
1.15%
No unconditional offers (62)
71.26%

Watched Threads