Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    From what I have observed so far, almost every University within the UK requires a GCSE Math or equivalent for economic related undergraduate courses. Thus I'd like to know if there is any University that does not require Math qualification for economic related studies. If there is, I'd like to know if the idea of studying economics without previous mathematical studies seems unrealistic. I have the capacity to understand and the patience to learn but I cannot attend the GCSE because I am not within the UK and I have other exams to attend. So far, I've been interested in mostly Scottish Universities because the tuition fees are low and from what I've heard they are really good at what they teach. I am also interested in learning administrative law or law with options in economics so if you know any University that teaches that or any kind of economic related course without requiring math studies please notify me. Thanks a lot!
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by DiniDimitri)
    From what I have observed so far, almost every University within the UK requires a GCSE Math or equivalent for economic related undergraduate courses. Thus I'd like to know if there is any University that does not require Math qualification for economic related studies. If there is, I'd like to know if the idea of studying economics without previous mathematical studies seems unrealistic. I have the capacity to understand and the patience to learn but I cannot attend the GCSE because I am not within the UK and I have other exams to attend. So far, I've been interested in mostly Scottish Universities because the tuition fees are low and from what I've heard they are really good at what they teach. I am also interested in learning administrative law or law with options in economics so if you know any University that teaches that or any kind of economic related course without requiring math studies please notify me. Thanks a lot!
    Virtually all unis require GCSE or to a lesser extent functional skills Maths as entrance requirements never mind for economics.

If any A level is important for economics then it is Maths and sometimes it is required at A level never mind GCSE.

You are going to have to id the courses that you can get onto and then check if theres any maths requirement.

All law degrees will have admin law.

You can try a joint degree law and economics. the requirement for GCE A level isnt usually present for joint degrees..

ReputationRep:
    I will surely try that. Thanks!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.