Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    4 of my choices were for straight law at various unis, with my last choice being Anthropology and Law at LSE.

I don't know what to do if I were to get offered both straight law and A&L at LSE- I prefer the A&L course but I'm just bit apprehensive about the reputation of the degree.

For example, Law is a very reputable degree, keeping my options open in the future. Just wanted to know how does A&L compare to this.

I'm not sure yet whether I want to go down the route of law as a career yet, so I am keeping my options open.

Any insights would be appreciated.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by mjustliving)
    4 of my choices were for straight law at various unis, with my last choice being Anthropology and Law at LSE.

I don't know what to do if I were to get offered both straight law and A&L at LSE- I prefer the A&L course but I'm just bit apprehensive about the reputation of the degree.

For example, Law is a very reputable degree, keeping my options open in the future. Just wanted to know how does A&L compare to this.

I'm not sure yet whether I want to go down the route of law as a career yet, so I am keeping my options open.

Any insights would be appreciated.
    Cross that bridge when you get to it. You dont have the offers yet.

work out a pros and cons of the advantages of doing the anthropology. It wouldnt prevent you following a legal career, but you would need to take some extra exams, so you would qualify a year later (assuming its a joint degree rather than an LLB. The fact it is LSE will protect you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Cross that bridge when you get to it. You dont have the offers yet.

work out a pros and cons of the advantages of doing the anthropology. It wouldnt prevent you following a legal career, but you would need to take some extra exams, so you would qualify a year later (assuming its a joint degree rather than an LLB. The fact it is LSE will protect you.
    Yeah I know but can’t help thinking about it loool.

It’s a qualifying law degree so if I wanted to go into law I wouldn’t have to do extra exams I think. Just wanted to know how employers view the particular degree as opposed to straight law.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by mjustliving)
    Yeah I know but can’t help thinking about it loool.

It’s a qualifying law degree so if I wanted to go into law I wouldn’t have to do extra exams I think. Just wanted to know how employers view the particular degree as opposed to straight law.
    I doubt they will care.
    Personally id prefer the extra law modules. You might get a better grade and have more fun with anthropology. You should be asking when you have the choice.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 29, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.