Purdy7
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I have found many maths methods are a bit complex, but have cheat versions which a student has to usually find out for themselves. Is there a page on TSR with these, or may I start one here?

I've also found that we in England are only taught one method, while those abroad may have much quicker easier way of doing things, or remembering. One of my Brazilian friends taught me one months ago, none of my other friends who took maths last June knew of it.

I would love to be pointed towards or for others to share their tricks, cheats to help us all pass the exam next year with really exceptionally good grades.
will'o'wisp2
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Purdy7)
I have found many maths methods are a bit complex, but have cheat versions which a student has to usually find out for themselves. Is there a page on TSR with these, or may I start one here?

I've also found that we in England are only taught one method, while those abroad may have much quicker easier way of doing things, or remembering. One of my Brazilian friends taught me one months ago, none of my other friends who took maths last June knew of it.

I would love to be pointed towards or for others to share their tricks, cheats to help us all pass the exam next year with really exceptionally good grades.
me 2 man i'd love to know

so far i've found symbolab which has this page
https://www.symbolab.com/cheat-sheets#
Loci Pi
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

There is a function on the Casio fx85 calculator (allowed in the exam) that can do prime factorisation. The is a video on YouTube explaining in. Also, you can use the triangles to remember trig values. I know this is on the A level syllabus already, but for GCSE it is useful to use the factor theorem to check answers for quadratics or the discriminant to see how many solutions it has / whether it can be factorised.
Purdy7
Rep:
?
I found a free downloadable Higher maths cheat sheet

https://www.tes.com/teaching-resourc...sheet-11286054

NB there are others, but some you have to pay for.

PS Check out the other cheat sheets as there are a few goodies, including one for those prepping to do A level, as well as one by topic for GCSE maths.
Chrollo-Lucilfer
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
2+2 is 4 minus 1 that's 3 quick maths.
Purdy7
Rep:
?
There is always one idiot, shoe size comes to mind.

SohCahToa cheat sheet
http://sohcahtoa.org.uk/pages/files/...hcahtoa-bw.pdf
_gcx
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

Is this just GCSE level? I can't really think of any "shortcuts" at gcse level bar lesser known calculator functions.
Purdy7
Rep:
?
(Original post by Chrollo-Lucilfer)
What?! You ********! Look at your nose. Nose long like garden hose! Sssshhhhhhhh!
Go be petty somewhere else. I'm not a child. If you want attention go make a thread of your own, and look at your stuck emotional issues.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (87)
14.01%
I'm not sure (29)
4.67%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (196)
31.56%
I have already dropped out (13)
2.09%
I'm not a current university student (296)
47.67%

Watched Threads