Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have found many maths methods are a bit complex, but have cheat versions which a student has to usually find out for themselves. Is there a page on TSR with these, or may I start one here?

I've also found that we in England are only taught one method, while those abroad may have much quicker easier way of doing things, or remembering. One of my Brazilian friends taught me one months ago, none of my other friends who took maths last June knew of it.

I would love to be pointed towards or for others to share their tricks, cheats to help us all pass the exam next year with really exceptionally good grades.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Purdy7)
    I have found many maths methods are a bit complex, but have cheat versions which a student has to usually find out for themselves. Is there a page on TSR with these, or may I start one here?

I've also found that we in England are only taught one method, while those abroad may have much quicker easier way of doing things, or remembering. One of my Brazilian friends taught me one months ago, none of my other friends who took maths last June knew of it.

I would love to be pointed towards or for others to share their tricks, cheats to help us all pass the exam next year with really exceptionally good grades.
    me 2 man i'd love to know

so far i've found symbolab which has this page
    https://www.symbolab.com/cheat-sheets#

ReputationRep:

There is a function on the Casio fx85 calculator (allowed in the exam) that can do prime factorisation. The is a video on YouTube explaining in. Also, you can use the triangles to remember trig values. I know this is on the A level syllabus already, but for GCSE it is useful to use the factor theorem to check answers for quadratics or the discriminant to see how many solutions it has / whether it can be factorised.

ReputationRep:
    I found a free downloadable Higher maths cheat sheet

https://www.tes.com/teaching-resourc...sheet-11286054

NB there are others, but some you have to pay for.

PS Check out the other cheat sheets as there are a few goodies, including one for those prepping to do A level, as well as one by topic for GCSE maths.

ReputationRep:
    2+2 is 4 minus 1 that's 3 quick maths.

ReputationRep:
    There is always one idiot, shoe size comes to mind.

SohCahToa cheat sheet
    http://sohcahtoa.org.uk/pages/files/...hcahtoa-bw.pdf

ReputationRep:

Is this just GCSE level? I can't really think of any "shortcuts" at gcse level bar lesser known calculator functions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chrollo-Lucilfer)
    What?! You ********! Look at your nose. Nose long like garden hose! Sssshhhhhhhh!
    Go be petty somewhere else. I'm not a child. If you want attention go make a thread of your own, and look at your stuck emotional issues.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.