The Student Room Group

Revision GCSE

Hey guys so I know its early to be starting to revise, I am in year 9, but I feel like I really need to. Apperently I have taken some of the hardest subjects there is and I am in top set for everything. I am having so many tests and everything and even though I am getting ok grades on them I want to do better and be amazing.

Is there a way you could all comment down some revision techniques for me because I am really unsure on how to revise. Thank you so much for anyone who comments xxx
Dont start revising in year 9
Your just gonna burn yourself out
people start revising after christmas in year 11
and still come out with 9s or A*s
Original post by Ex-pert

Thank you but I need to revise for all my year 9 tests and everything and there all so hard and I just dont know how to acctually revise.
it's good that you're revising for your year 9 exams, this will help you build a good work ethic in year 10 and 11. flashcards are great for definitions, and mindmaps help me condense facts for a topic. make notes on your classnotes, revise it. don't do loads, but learn how to revise effectively.
Original post by entertainmyfaith
it's good that you're revising for your year 9 exams, this will help you build a good work ethic in year 10 and 11. flashcards are great for definitions, and mindmaps help me condense facts for a topic. make notes on your classnotes, revise it. don't do loads, but learn how to revise effectively.

Thank you so much I am definately going to try some of these xx
Original post by Hannahban04
Thank you but I need to revise for all my year 9 tests and everything and there all so hard and I just dont know how to acctually revise.

Oh i thought you meant you wanted to revise for gcses
Original post by Ex-pert

Thats a bad idea. I revsied and i got a bad results for doing that

Revision cards is one
Exam questions are good. Practise them - they are good ones to practise with
Ask for teachers help if ur struck with anything

You can contact me if u want to. Do u want me to put my contact number and my email address for u?
Original post by annmerlinjohn27

This is not for GCSE I mean like my year 9 exams and I am just confused on how to revise thats all xx

Thats only you...
It depends whether or not you revised effectively
Original post by Ex-pert
Thats only you...
It depends whether or not you revised effectively

Im just saying. That one example
Im saying that resiving after christmas in yr 11 is bad
This is not for GCSE I mean like my year 9 exams and I am just confused on how to revise thats all xx

do some example questions
e.g. Maths - go on MYMaths
do some example questions
e.g. Maths - go on MYMaths

Thank you I will go try this now xx
Thank you I will go try this now xx

You can contact me if u want to. Do u want me to put my contact number and my email address for u?

That would be amazing, thank you xx
Hey guys so I know its early to be starting to revise, I am in year 9, but I feel like I really need to. Apperently I have taken some of the hardest subjects there is and I am in top set for everything. I am having so many tests and everything and even though I am getting ok grades on them I want to do better and be amazing.

Is there a way you could all comment down some revision techniques for me because I am really unsure on how to revise. Thank you so much for anyone who comments xxx

The main ways (and usually best) of doing revision is: flashcards, mindmaps, colour coded notes, or reading the textbook
Really it's whatever interests you the most, if you feel like mindmaps are better than flashcards then create lots of mindmaps, colour coding specific topics is also really good. You said you have had a lot of tests? Look over those and focus on your worst results, no need to spend the same amount of time on something you got an A* in and a B in. But don't burn yourself out, that's the worst possible thing to do before any test.
Original post by Ex-pert

yeah in the old gcse style m8 where it was easy af to get an a*. when every gcse that you're doing is in the new style, it's gonna take a lot more work.
Write concise notes and do flash cards now and do them nicely and keep them till year 11, it will save a lot of time
I’m in year 11 now and most of my revision time is taken up this, but I guess in a way it’s good as it helps me remember and understand the stuff
Don’t do too much now as you will probably burn out, but if you understand the topics already and keep going over them/remember them that would be very useful later on, but you could eventually get really tired of it and by year 11 you’ll be tired and won’t try hard
Which subjects are you doing? and how many?

Also lots of people in my school started revising after christmas and some in march and they still all got good results but everyone at my school is excessively smart and the school is really pushy so I don’t know how that would go for other people

Quick Reply

Latest