Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are men smarter than women? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Historically in terms of achievements yes, obviously, due to circumstances that still take place today but inheritably no - they are equal imo.

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    :/

ReputationRep:
    1 - that is the most sexist idea I've ever heard.
    2 - No they're not
    3 - Women have many contributions in history, and yes men have invented more (I'm not going to deny it) but that's due to old misogynistic ideas of women being less than men so they were given less opportunities to be able to do those things
    4- Men dominate the STEM subjects far far less than they used to, and the difference is due to social pressure and stereotypes, but thankfully the gap is closing.
    5- Yes they are different skills, but arts, geography and whatever else you think "women do" are just as intelligent as the stem subjects...
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Femineest)
    Most inventions are attributed to men.
    Most scientific discoveries are attributed to men.

After years of equality, men still dominate the STEM sector while women are more likely to enter arts, geography, drama etc.

So, are men smarter than women?
    Maybe because in history, women were heavily oppressed? They couldn't get an education and discover things whilst men would get an education. Even if a woman got an education, she wouldn't have been taken seriously or even got an opportunity to get into a STEM field. There are numerous discoveries made by women though, in fields such as medicine and astrology, discoveries which are still respected to this day.
    Nowadays, many women aren't in STEM subjects because of this stigma but it is changing and more women are being encouraged and getting involved in STEM subjects.

Everyone is different, including intelligence, and gender doesn't come into it.

ReputationRep:
    Im a man and im dumb af so yeah i'd say woman are much more smarter. As for all your other arguments, its due to a woman giving birth that all these geniuses came into this world so woman ftw.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Femineest)
    What absolute nonsense, were you educated at Trump university by any chance? Of course biological sex is a factor in someones intelligence.
    Trump has a university? 👀

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dhanny)
    Im a man and im dumb af so yeah i'd say woman are much more smarter. As for all your other arguments, its due to a woman giving birth that all these geniuses came into this world so woman ftw.
    You don't actually believe that do you?

(Original post by RowanneK)
    I am a woman in the STEM sector and we are ages away from true equality. You have no idea about the kind of bias and sexism that we have to deal with on a daily basis which keeps pushing more and more women away from STEM. At uni i knew many girls who were pressured to drop out of computer science because of this bias. I've personally been accused of cheating on projects because "my code was too good to be written by a girl"... and I've gotten lower grades than my male partners on projects that we've worked on 50/50 because the tutors assumed that the guy did everything... I've been asked by tutors things like "oh your group is just girls? who's gonna help you with that code?" and don't get me started on job interviews and job offers. So no. There still is no equality in the STEM sector and it is still heavily male dominated because men are pushing most of the women away not because women just tend to like arts and drama.
    Lies Lies Lies... You got accused of cheating because you copied the codes from overstackflow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salt Queen)
    You don't actually believe that do you?
    When you are me, and you've met the people I've met, you'll understand why I say men are Dumb and woman are smart.
    + I dislike people who think males are superior than females.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dhanny)
    When you are me, and you've met the people I've met, you'll understand why I say men are Dumb and woman are smart.
    + I dislike people who think males are superior than females.
    You've met a lot of dumb guys I see. Still not worth the generalisation but whatever. I personally think stupidity is fair game for everyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Lies Lies Lies... You got accused of cheating because you copied the codes from overstackflow
    Wow you must feel very powerful and intelligent making an anonymous comment accusing someone you don't know of lying. I really hope you don't reproduce.

ReputationRep:
    On average, women are smarter but the people that lie around this 'on average' mark are hardly going to change the world. At the top end of the spectrum (top 0.5% or so), there are far more men than women and hence this is where the notion 'men are smarter than women' comes from.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.