Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i hate chemistry and i don't want to do it anymore, i tried it but it just is not meant to be.

ReputationRep:
    well it would be a waste of time and effort to leave it now!

PLOD on...CARRY ON GOING. YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!

TEXTBOOK, PAST PAPERS, VIDEOS, FLASHCARDS...

ReputationRep:
    yes,yes it is too late

ReputationRep:
    unless you were taking it as a 4th i think it's too late to switch it out for something else because other subjects will have gone far into the syllabus by now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ehruhure)
    i hate chemistry and i don't want to do it anymore, i tried it but it just is not meant to be.
    Don't give up. Why did you choose it to begin with?

ReputationRep:
    i got an a in chemistry gcse and thought it would be the same but the wordings of questions are a no no. the questions literally deactivate my brain

ReputationRep:
    Are you taking 4 A levels or 3?

ReputationRep:
    If you’re taking 4 then it’s fine, if you’re only taking 3 then it’s probably too late

ReputationRep:
    taking three

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't drop it if you're only doing 3 then cos most unis want 3 alevels.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    nah i can change it to history or science bts
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by ehruhure)
    We are well into the Autumn term, it's quite late to drop/change subjects.

Speak to your tutor/Director of Sixth Form for advice - like others have said, you ideally want three A-Levels.

ReputationRep:
    Don't be discouraged, you still have several months to improve!
    Are your other subjects doing okay? If you are better at your other subjects, that may leave with more time to revise chemistry - whenever you have free time, try reading textbooks, practice questions!
    I was finding one of my A levels hard after the first year, but I spent my summer (2 months) just doing lots of practice questions from textbooks and watching youtube revision videos, and when I started my second year, I saw a lot of improvement.
    One thing you could start with is evaluating your weaknesses - are you finding certain topics difficult, or everything in general? Then you can target what you're finding hard, and see if you make any improvement after practicing.

ReputationRep:
    everyone's terrible at a-levels at first. make sure you understand all the chemistry content from your lessons, and then attempt to go through questions (potentially with a teacher). once you've perfected your exam technique, it's not that bad.

ReputationRep:
    I have the same problem. I cry in toilets before every chemistry lesson. It is not hard, I just hate it with all my heart.
    I wish I could quit sixth form altogether

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lx2)
    Don't be discouraged, you still have several months to improve!
    Are your other subjects doing okay? If you are better at your other subjects, that may leave with more time to revise chemistry - whenever you have free time, try reading textbooks, practice questions!
    I was finding one of my A levels hard after the first year, but I spent my summer (2 months) just doing lots of practice questions from textbooks and watching youtube revision videos, and when I started my second year, I saw a lot of improvement.
    One thing you could start with is evaluating your weaknesses - are you finding certain topics difficult, or everything in general? Then you can target what you're finding hard, and see if you make any improvement after practicing.
    safe g

thanks for the encouragement , imma try work harder like you.

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.