Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

moving house but have driving test on Wednesday! Do I update my address? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm moving house today and my provisional licence has my old address on (house I'm moving out of). I have my driving test on Wednesday and I don't know if I should update it because I know it won't arrive in time. What should I do?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Moved to Cars and motoring (as opposed to Learning to drive, as it's more about the license details if I'm reading this right). :hmmmm2:
    • Community Assistant
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Moved to Cars and motoring (as opposed to Learning to drive, as it's more about the license details if I'm reading this right). :hmmmm2:
    Confusingly AJ, this is about both bits ( I think) as they're taking a test with an inaccurate addressed provisional, but I'll summon IWMTom to take this further
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DreamlinerFinder)
    Confusingly AJ, this is about both bits ( I think) as they're taking a test with an inaccurate addressed provisional, but I'll summon IWMTom to take this further
    Danke.

(Original post by Judemayes77)
    I'm moving house today and my provisional licence has my old address on (house I'm moving out of). I have my driving test on Wednesday and I don't know if I should update it because I know it won't arrive in time. What should I do?
    You should be fine to take your test with your current licence, and if you pass, reject your examiner taking your licence from you - you'll then have to send your pass certificate, licence, and a change of address form to the DVLA.

Unfortunately, this method does mean you won't get to keep your pass test certificate as a souvenir, as many people like to do. If this is an issue for you, you'll have to reschedule your test.

ReputationRep:
    Before you take the test the examiner asks you if your address is still the same so don't worry about it. You should probably phone the DVSA too just to clarify.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Moved to Cars and motoring (as opposed to Learning to drive, as it's more about the license details if I'm reading this right).
    (Original post by DreamlinerFinder)
    Should be fine here, cheers AJ

(Original post by IWMTom)
    Unfortunately, this method does mean you won't get to keep your pass test certificate as a souvenir, as many people like to do
    It's a shame they don't give you the certificate anyway :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys! 😀
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.