Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Please send help - GYG 2017/18 Watch

ReputationRep:
    Attachment 699714699710
    why hello there,

last year was not exactly the best of starts to university, but I passed (just) and I thought this would be a good idea to motivate me into achieving something better than 40 per cent, since people might (lol i doubt it) be watching my progress.

Me:
    I'm in my second year at the University of Bristol studying German and Russian and good God did 1st year just about kill me

TB1 units:
    1. German Language
    2. Russian Language
    3. Czech Language
    4. Introduction to Linguistics
    5. Structures and Varieties of German

wow would you look at that - I like linguistics

TB2 units:
    1. German
    2. Russian
    3. Czech
    4. Thaws and Freezes: The Soviet Union After Stalin

after writing all that down, I've decided that this year might be the end of me (again)

My goals:
    Last year I achieved a terrible (in my measly opinion) 40% in Russian and 53% in German. This was probably to do with a mixture of mental health problems and not actually doing any work. I swear I'll try this year, since my mental health is (somewhat) under control. I really want to get a 2:1 but I'm realistically aiming for a 2:2 due to anxiety promising to kick me directly in the brain multiple times over the coming year.

other goals include-
    • reducing the use of brackets (pray for me),
    • finally finishing Stephen King's IT,
    • go to 80% of my lessons,
    • not panic about my year abroad

well, it's going to be a bloody long year

Leah

P.S how the hell do I format a blog
    PPS I've figured it out

Name:  russian screeching.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  49.7 KB
    Attached Images

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.