Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Attachment 699714699710
    why hello there,

last year was not exactly the best of starts to university, but I passed (just) and I thought this would be a good idea to motivate me into achieving something better than 40 per cent, since people might (lol i doubt it) be watching my progress.

I'm in my second year at the University of Bristol studying German and Russian and good God did 1st year just about kill me

TB1 units:
    1. German Language
    2. Russian Language
    3. Czech Language
    4. Introduction to Linguistics
    5. Structures and Varieties of German

wow would you look at that - I like linguistics

TB2 units:
    1. German
    2. Russian
    3. Czech
    4. Thaws and Freezes: The Soviet Union After Stalin

after writing all that down, I've decided that this year might be the end of me (again)

My goals:
    Last year I achieved a terrible (in my measly opinion) 40% in Russian and 53% in German. This was probably to do with a mixture of mental health problems and not actually doing any work. I swear I'll try this year, since my mental health is (somewhat) under control. I really want to get a 2:1 but I'm realistically aiming for a 2:2 due to anxiety promising to kick me directly in the brain multiple times over the coming year.

other goals include-
    • reducing the use of brackets (pray for me),
    • finally finishing Stephen King's IT,
    • go to 80% of my lessons,
    • not panic about my year abroad

well, it's going to be a bloody long year

P.S how the hell do I format a blog
    PPS I've figured it out

Name:  russian screeching.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  49.7 KB
    Attached Images
How are you feeling about your exams?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.