Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi my name is Andrei i live in uk for 3 years. I'm almost 16 years old and i was wondering if after i finish year 11 i will be able to join harrogate army college ?

ReputationRep:
    Where are you from

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heyok)
    Where are you from
    Romania ..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heyok)
    Nu poti din pacate. Ai nevoie de cel putin 5 ani + rezidenta permanenta. (sau cetatenie britanica)
    Si eu voiam sa ma inrolez pentru royal navy dar nu ma lasa.

Aha naspa . Ms oricum

ReputationRep:
    You need to look at this pal and see whether you tick all of the boxes.

http://www.army.mod.uk/join/How-to-join.aspx
    http://www.army.mod.uk/training_education/24453.aspx

You need to find out your resident status, you cannot join the regular army until you've lived here for 5 years. Also if you are a refugee or an asylum seeker you are NOT eligible to join the armed forces. So if you are a refugee or asylum seeker then you are out of luck i'm afraid.

Find out your residency status and check the applications. That's the best way to find out. If you're an Irishman or from one of the common wealth countries that'll make things easier for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andrei001)
    Hi my name is Andrei i live in uk for 3 years. I'm almost 16 years old and i was wondering if after i finish year 11 i will be able to join harrogate army college ?
    As heyok said, you need to be a british citizen to apply so I would recommend that you go to a six form and do A levels there.

This would allow you to apply to become an officer (if you wish to do so), however this can only be done after you became a British citizen.

Mult noroc! (I think that is 'good luck' in Romanian).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stoyfan)
    As heyok said, you need to be a british citizen to apply so I would recommend that you go to a six form and do A levels there.

This would allow you to apply to become an officer (if you wish to do so), however this can only be done after you became a British citizen.

Mult noroc! (I think that is 'good luck' in Romanian).
    Thank you !!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heyok)
    Te poti inrola in armata dupa ce termini scoala/universitatea. Atunci o sa ai peste 5 ani si o sa fie mai usor. Mult succes in continuarea.
    Ok . Multumesc si bafta si tie !!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.