Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Discrimination against short guys? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Okay, so I'm 5'11.5, I'm not exactly short nor am I tall.

However, I am just curious about girls approach to guy's height.

I never had a girl come up to me saying oh you're too short etc but I know a lot of guys that have. You also get girls that say they will only date guys who are 6 feet or above.

I understand it's nice for guys to be tall but if a guy said oh I only date girls with DD or bigger breasts or girl who is size 12 or below then he would be bombarded by mums net or some girls (rightfully so in my opinion).

So how come its seen as okay to be selective based on a guys height? he cant change his height it's fixed but a girls weight isn't?

Like Satistatically most men are under 6 foot? so chances of finding someone you match with in terms of personality is massively reduced?

(I would happily date a girl who is over 6ft if I like her personality)

I'm curious to get guys and girls opinion on this?

ReputationRep:
    As a short girl, I dont care if I date a tall/short/normal guy. It's the personality that matters.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Height is a desired trait but it's not the be-all and end-all. As long as you don't start being insecure in front of the girl then you'll be fine.

Also title is a bit clickbait since you are almost 6 foot. Stop worrying, you're fine.

ReputationRep:
    Ayee man, tis jus a preference. You gotta find dem gyals that don't got that "6ft or below is a no-no" requirement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Height is a desired trait but it's not the be-all and end-all. As long as you don't start being insecure in front of the girl then you'll be fine.

Also title is a bit clickbait since you are almost 6 foot. Stop worrying, you're fine.
    I'm not concerned about my height at all. I am quite happy with the height I am. I am just curious as to why this matters so much to some girls as I have never understood why since I wouldn't care a if a girls is 4'11 or 6'2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoshElyot)
    Okay, so I'm 5'11.5, I'm not exactly short nor am I tall.

However, I am just curious about girls approach to guy's height.

I never had a girl come up to me saying oh you're too short etc but I know a lot of guys that have. You also get girls that say they will only date guys who are 6 feet or above.

I understand it's nice for guys to be tall but if a guy said oh I only date girls with DD or bigger breasts or girl who is size 12 or below then he would be bombarded by mums net or some girls (rightfully so in my opinion).

So how come its seen as okay to be selective based on a guys height? he cant change his height it's fixed but a girls weight isn't?

Like Satistatically most men are under 6 foot? so chances of finding someone you match with in terms of personality is massively reduced?

(I would happily date a girl who is over 6ft if I like her personality)

I'm curious to get guys and girls opinion on this?

the reason girls discriminate against shorter guys is because of the masculinity/feminity relationship

masculine = dominant
    femininity = submissive

height is one of the ways dominance presents itself

if the female is taller than the male she typically feels more dominant than him on a basic level.

the masculinity/femininity relationship is out of wack and so attraction on her part suffers.

There are small 5ft women who will still sometimes date short men of like 5ft 5.
    why? ..yes he is still short, but due to him still being taller than her he is meeting her masculinity requirement on that basic level.

A 5ft 6 woman for example would probably not be interested in the 5ft 5 guy as he has not met her masculinity requirements on that basic level. He lacks dominance in relation to HER.

ReputationRep:
    People can be as discriminating romantically as they are willing to risk dying alone; providing they don't complain, I personally couldn't care less.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Reality Check Ill never stop tagging you in these.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ANM775)
    the reason girls discriminate against shorter guys is because of the masculinity/feminity relationship

masculine = dominant
    femininity = submissive

height is one of the ways dominance presents itself

if the female is taller than the male she typically feels more dominant than him on a basic level.

the masculinity/femininity relationship is out of wack and so attraction on her part suffers.

There are small 5ft women who will still sometimes date short men of like 5ft 5.
    why? ..yes he is still short, but due to him still being taller than her he is meeting her masculinity requirement on that basic level.

A 5ft 6 woman for example would probably not be interested in the 5ft 5 guy as he has not met her masculinity requirements on that basic level. He lacks dominance in relation to HER.
    Aye, someone understood the post! (thank you)

Okay, that's quite interesting stance cheers!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 29, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.