Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

GCSE Re-marks Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    On results day I found out that I was one mark off an A in History, and a couple marks off a C in Biology and Physics so both my teachers said that they'd send my papers off for a re-mark and I signed it off with my signature. However 2 months on I still haven't heard anything, no letters through the post, no email off the school and I'm beginning to wonder if my papers were actually re-sent? My history exam board was iGCSE so I'm not sure if that one would take longer to mark because its international but surely by now the re-marks would've been done? What should I do? All comments are greatly appreciated!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charlotteeastick)
    On results day I found out that I was one mark off an A in History, and a couple marks off a C in Biology and Physics so both my teachers said that they'd send my papers off for a re-mark and I signed it off with my signature. However 2 months on I still haven't heard anything, no letters through the post, no email off the school and I'm beginning to wonder if my papers were actually re-sent? My history exam board was iGCSE so I'm not sure if that one would take longer to mark because its international but surely by now the re-marks would've been done? What should I do? All comments are greatly appreciated!!
    Sounds odd. The longest wait I've heard of is 20 working days, and we're well past that now.

Ask the school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue_Cow)
    Sounds odd. The longest wait I've heard of is 20 working days, and we're well past that now.

Ask the school.
    I emailed by Media teacher about a month ago now and the head of exams had a look and said that there was nothing on there yet! Plus my history teacher would let me know if there was anything I should know about it, but she hasn't mentioned it when she last emailed. I just feel bad bothering teachers and asking them so often!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charlotteeastick)
    I emailed by Media teacher about a month ago now and the head of exams had a look and said that there was nothing on there yet! Plus my history teacher would let me know if there was anything I should know about it, but she hasn't mentioned it when she last emailed. I just feel bad bothering teachers and asking them so often!
    Don't feel bad - and try visiting them in person, they might be trying to fob you off, to be honest.

It seems highly unusual to be waiting so long for remark results.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue_Cow)
    Don't feel bad - and try visiting them in person, they might be trying to fob you off, to be honest.

It seems highly unusual to be waiting so long for remark results.
    Thanks so much for your comment, I'll definitely drop by to the school soon and ask why it's taking so long! It's annoying me now because they just haven't told me anything, and others have already got their re-marks for Maths and English, but I'm just still waiting :/

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 29, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.