Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    As a current first year of Neuroscience (at the University of Manchester), I wish you all the best of luck!

and if you have any questions, I may be of help, so feel free to ask!

LibertySea x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ecolier)
    So happy that we have students interested in neuroscience! What do you like about the subject?
    I have always adored psychology but I became more interested in the medical side and I thought Neuroscience was really interesting, and the more I read into it, the more intrigued I got!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bioenthusiast)
    I’ve already also applied for Neuroscience at Nottingham, and Leeds! Your predicted grades seem great! I’m predicted AAB in Psychology, Politics, Biology and sent off UCAS two days ago (7 November). Already got an offer from Leicester for Neuroscience! Just waiting on Manchester (neuro), Nottingham (neuro), Warwick (Biomed) and Leeds (med Science) now!!
    (Original post by Lily27)
    My school has just sent off my UCAS today so fingers crossed I get some offers coming in soon! I'm predicted AAB in Psychology, PE, Biology and an A* in EPQ. I'm applying to Nottingham with an intention for it to be my first choice, as well as Keele and Aston (Neuro), Liverpool for Psychology and Bangor for Psychology with Neuropsychology!
    Good luck to you both!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LibertySea)
    As a current first year of Neuroscience (at the University of Manchester), I wish you all the best of luck!

and if you have any questions, I may be of help, so feel free to ask!

LibertySea x
    Thank you so much! What were your predicted grades and your actual grades?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bethany49)
    I have always adored psychology but I became more interested in the medical side and I thought Neuroscience was really interesting, and the more I read into it, the more intrigued I got!
    That is part of the reason which motivated me to do neurology as a clinical specialty. "Higher" symptoms such as simultagnosia (related disorder simultagnosia), cortical blindness, and even neglect (after strokes) really interest me!

ReputationRep:
    If you are interested if any neurology clinical experience (Yorkshire) let me know and I will ask if it's possible for you to shadow us for a few days!
    This sounds fantastic, is there any possible availability in the summer holidays?

ReputationRep:
    That is part of the reason which motivated me to do neurology as a clinical specialty. "Higher" symptoms such as simultagnosia (related disorder simultagnosia), cortical blindness, and even neglect (after strokes) really interest me!
    I agree, I'd love to be involved one day in curing or researching to develop a cure for a disease like Alzheimer's!

ReputationRep:
    This sounds fantastic, is there any possible availability in the summer holidays?
    I don't see why not (we are always here!), but you'd be preparing to go into Uni then?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much! What were your predicted grades and your actual grades?
    So I did the IB and was predicted a 37 with a 664 in my HLs but got a 32 with a 553 in my HLs. To put it to approximate A-level equivalents is an AAA to a BBB. My application was still strong enough to get into the University of Manchester (my firm choice) without being waitlisted. I was also waitlisted by the University of Nottingham, but thankfully did not have to endure the pain of waiting all summer for an answer(IB results are in July).

ReputationRep:
    I don't see why not (we are always here!), but you'd be preparing to go into Uni then?
    Once I've done my exams and before results day, I have no plans, so to have the chance to experience something like that would be amazing

ReputationRep:
    Once I've done my exams and before results day, I have no plans, so to have the chance to experience something like that would be amazing
    We'd be very happy for students - I feel that our department is very under-utilised. For example this week I had 3 clinics but despite me telling the med school that it would be interesting for the students to come (and they are timetabled to come!!) only 1 clinic had someone sitting in

And the students go round telling everyone neurology is under-taught at med school (it is - but that's the way it is all around the UK, if not the world!)

ReputationRep:
    Anyone received an offer yet?? I’m waiting patiently but I just want my offer/rejection!! (Praying for an offer though)

ReputationRep:
    Offer received today!!

ABB for MSci Neuroscience !!

So happy and surprised that it’s ABB and not AAB as it says on the website

Good luck all!

ReputationRep:
    Ajdkfkkwjdjejd i got my offer im so happy good luck everyone

(Original post by jessicamae1412)
    received my acknowledgement email on the 15th but heard nothing since
    i'm really scared i wont get an offer because heck there's only 36 places and my predicted grades are only aaa even though i got aaa in my mocks and my school is just dead strict over predicted grades and never give out a*'s (but are the unis gonna know that no) and then i presume at least an a for the epq
    bit nervous about the whole work experience thingyo as well because all i've done is 6 months volunteering at a nursing home with neurodegenerative patients and
    then a villiers park residential course on neuroscience. I've done biology related extracurriculars as well but idk omg i just feel like there's way better people i just need to hope that they can smell my desperation because lord i wanna do neuroscience so bad
    basically ya gal is just praying for that offer

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.