Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Help on DofE about toilets? Watch

ReputationRep:
    For toilet paper should I bring a pack of tissues as they are lighter and thiner than a whole toilet roll
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately the Duke of Edinburgh has retired from public life and so you cannot ask him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jaynesmith2002)
    I've just had a message from the boy who's organised it, he says that the toilet is around the Bach of the main building at the top of the field, which is a slight hill, but we've camped at the bottom near the taps and washing up area so he said it gonna be at least a 10 minute walk to the toilet. In the night I normally pee at least twice and I just go round the side of my tent and pop a squat
    What else can I do

Some girl wet herself peeing in a forest in my group on dofe

ReputationRep:
    just walk far enough off the path that you're hidden by bushes and then squat, don't go on the path as anyone could walk back or catch you up and it'll be exposed

I would also pair up with a friend and 'guard' each other while you pee as when I've done similar things sometimes someone goes to pee and anotehr person doesn't realise where they are and 'walks in on them'

ReputationRep:
    What else can I do
    depends on your camp site... go a few meters from your tent or pee might run onto your tent which is grim, preferably find some cover behind trees/bushes but if not just go a few meters away and pee quickly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Some girl wet herself peeing in a forest in my group on dofe
    How???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doodle_333)
    just walk far enough off the path that you're hidden by bushes and then squat, don't go on the path as anyone could walk back or catch you up and it'll be exposed

I would also pair up with a friend and 'guard' each other while you pee as when I've done similar things sometimes someone goes to pee and anotehr person doesn't realise where they are and 'walks in on them'
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    depends on your camp site... go a few meters from your tent or pee might run onto your tent which is grim, preferably find some cover behind trees/bushes but if not just go a few meters away and pee quickly
    It'll be pitched black at night

ReputationRep:
    It'll be pitched black at night
    hence why you can pee 20 meters or so from the tent if you need to

but you don't pee right next to it, that's gross

I'd still go behind a bush where possible, once when I was camping I was having a middle of the night wee a short distance from the tent when I suddenly saw a torch light coming towadrs me of someone else who needed a wee

also it's often not pitch black at night if there's stars/a moon

ReputationRep:
    Ok

ReputationRep:
    hence why you can pee 20 meters or so from the tent if you need to

but you don't pee right next to it, that's gross

I'd still go behind a bush where possible, once when I was camping I was having a middle of the night wee a short distance from the tent when I suddenly saw a torch light coming towadrs me of someone else who needed a wee

also it's often not pitch black at night if there's stars/a moon
    Obviously I'll go into the woods which is next to a campsite

ReputationRep:
    Any other tips or tricks

ReputationRep:
    Don't bother investing in a shewee, just go into the forest, not a big deal. As you're doing bronze you will have reasonable facilities at the campsite so just try to hold out until then.

As for other tips, bring plenty of Compeed plasters in case you get blisters. Make sure you decide well in advance on who is bringing what group kit (we forgot matches on Bronze!) so you don't end up in a pickle. Try to leave early in the morning to allow you more time for lunch/rests.

I have done all DofE awards and am now working on becoming qualified to take out Bronze/Silver groups so if you have any more questions give me a shout

ReputationRep:
    I did my bronze a couple months ago, and we just went everywherem like if you need to go, just go! usually find a woody area or like a field with loads of tall grass and plants in it, and have a friend or 2 on lookout. also, try planning your route through parks, as they have surprisingly clean public toilets.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T0ucan)
    Don't bother investing in a shewee, just go into the forest, not a big deal. As you're doing bronze you will have reasonable facilities at the campsite so just try to hold out until then.

As for other tips, bring plenty of Compeed plasters in case you get blisters. Make sure you decide well in advance on who is bringing what group kit (we forgot matches on Bronze!) so you don't end up in a pickle. Try to leave early in the morning to allow you more time for lunch/rests.

I have done all DofE awards and am now working on becoming qualified to take out Bronze/Silver groups so if you have any more questions give me a shout
    Thanks, the campsite facilities are absolutely disgusting but it was the campsite near us, one of the boys has said to dig a latrine for us to use, how would this work

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry about it too much. Say you need to pee and ask if the group can walk on a bit (slowly so you can catch up). Most people are pretty respectful on expeditions. If the terrain allows (unlikely in some of those featureless places like Dartmoor) then you might be able to duck out of sight behind it. I was told to make sure I didn't do my business in "the water source".

Unfortunately, sometimes when you've got to go, you've got to go. I ended up parking a steamer on top of a tor about 1 hour from the finish line of a 3 day expedition. No chance of burying that on solid granite...

Then my toilet roll blew away down the mountain.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, the campsite facilities are absolutely disgusting but it was the campsite near us, one of the boys has said to dig a latrine for us to use, how would this work
    Just like any other toilet I imagine! You might be better doing your business in a forest rather than the campsite then, if you need to do a number 2 try to dig a small hole and cover it with dirt. There should at least be bins at the campsite so you can get ride of any toilet paper that way. Your assessor will check around your campsite that you have left no trace so make sure you go a reasonable distance away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by artavasdes)
    I did my bronze a couple months ago, and we just went everywherem like if you need to go, just go! usually find a woody area or like a field with loads of tall grass and plants in it, and have a friend or 2 on lookout. also, try planning your route through parks, as they have surprisingly clean public toilets.
    Ok thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nebuchadnezzaṛ)
    let out your inner pajeet and do it on the streets
    m a s h a l l a h

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.