Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have you ever watched a movie in the cinema by yourself? Watch

(Original post by Emerald777O)
    Just once and I felt so self conscious!
    Throughout the whole movie or just at the start?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Throughout the whole movie or just at the start?
    Throughout. It was worth it because it was really good. It was called get out and it was also a packed cinema!

(Original post by Emerald777O)
    Throughout. It was worth it because it was really good. It was called get out and it was also a packed cinema!
    That movie's awesome

ReputationRep:
    Go with ur friends
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    How was your experience? Would you do it again?
    Neither here nor there really, it was a weekday at lunchtime so the place was virtually empty. It certainly beats wandering around a town centre aimlessly for hours (I'd dropped my bike off for some work at 9 and had to wait until 5 for it back). As for again I'm not really that big on the cinema anyway tbh(with or without friends).

If you want to go just go, nobody'll care.

ReputationRep:
    That movie's awesome
    Ikrrr. Go out to the cinema by yourself

ReputationRep:
    I was meant to go with friends initially but had to back out last min. It's why I'm going alone and it got me wondering how others experiences were.
    Honestly, you will be fine, don't sweat it and enjoy the film! It's by far the best Thor film yet.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to watch Thor by myself for the first time and I'm not too bothered about going alone. Have you ever done this, would you feel self-conscious?
    I did this almost a half year ago. Went to cinema alone to watch Fast and Furious 8. Friends of mine refused my invitation, but I don't care, I was too interested in and I didn't regret.

ReputationRep:
    I'm actually considering doing this myself 😂😂 I'm on holiday but none of my friends are... I could wait a week until they're free but I dunno if I can stop myself 😂
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I admit that I prefer to go to cinema with friends, it makes more fun and it is nice to see that another people have the same interests in films. Have no problems to go alone, it is just not so exciting.

ReputationRep:
    I had a job where I could bunk off and really do not much for long sections of the day as long as the bosses could call me - but I'd be out and about in all parts of London. I'd go into the nearest cinema and watch whatever was on - usually in the middle of the day and there would often be fewer than 5 people in the screening. I'd get called once every so often and i'd just ditch the movie and go and do my actual work.

I saw a lot of films that summer.

ReputationRep:
    I never have and I don't think I'd bother to go alone, but I think it's probably one of the least weird things to do alone. It's not like you'd be interacting with friends that much anyway. You'd just be sitting there watching the film anyway, really.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 30, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.