Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do I find a man who will buy me the engagement ring I want? Watch

Yeah yeah yeah go ahead with the gold digger remarks but everyone always wants something in life. Guys want a special something from their girl, most girls want the wedding of their dreams. Well I never cared much for weddings and will happily compromise on most things in life but since I could remember I always wanted a standard flashy rock on my finger, preferably a Tiffany solitaire ring. The cheapest you can get them at is £8000 and other girls always have massive rocks on their fingers from their men. My question is how the hell do they do that? Do I just be the best girlfriend ever and make him love me so much that he will buy me what I want or should I start dating rich men?
    I'm being serious really, how do you get a man to buy you that big ring? What are the demographics on this sort of thing??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Yeah yeah yeah go ahead with the gold digger remarks but everyone always wants something in life. Guys want a special something from their girl, most girls want the wedding of their dreams. Well I never cared much for weddings and will happily compromise on most things in life but since I could remember I always wanted a standard flashy rock on my finger, preferably a Tiffany solitaire ring. The cheapest you can get them at is £8000 and other girls always have massive rocks on their fingers from their men. My question is how the hell do they do that? Do I just be the best girlfriend ever and make him love me so much that he will buy me what I want or should I start dating rich men?
    I'm being serious really, how do you get a man to buy you that big ring? What are the demographics on this sort of thing??
    This is probably the best post I've seen so far.😂😂😂😂 because gurl u ain't lying. But I think it depend how much he loves you, otherwise he won't be bothered. But y wait for a guy work hard and earn that diamond ring guuurl.

(Original post by Aishabushra)
    This is probably the best post I've seen so far.😂😂😂😂 because gurl u ain't lying. But I think it depend how much he loves you, otherwise he won't be bothered. But y wait for a guy work hard and earn that diamond ring guuurl.
    Where's the fun in that though? I'm always buying things for myself. Want a guy to buy me something worth it. And let's be honest here it does prove how much you mean to him too. Most days I struggle to find a guy who wants to buy me dinner

ReputationRep:
    golddigger
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Find a rich man in Dubai.

(Original post by UWS)
    But there's rich arabs the uk too

ReputationRep:
    Do what you women famously do. Give out good sex then refuse to do it until he gives you what you want

ReputationRep:
    Do you have a boyfriend or someone in mind? Honestly when you love someone that much then the size of the ring becomes irrelevant, I would know as I used to have this fantasy before I met the love of my life and got engaged!! Now we are married I figure in a few years time when we have saved up some more money I will upgrade my ring
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

(Original post by Nerry)
    Do what you women famously do. Give out good sex then refuse to do it until he gives you what you want
    That's actually a good idea y'know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    even a basic Dubai resident could afford serious bling

ReputationRep:
    Yeah this is not a thread for broke losers like you.
    And I suggest you stay away from women. But then they probably already stay away from you :lol:
    Funny how you call me broke when you're a gold digger, rich men wouldn't waste a penny on you sorry but it's the reality.

(Original post by del1rious)
    Do you have a boyfriend or someone in mind? Honestly when you love someone that much then the size of the ring becomes irrelevant, I would know as I used to have this fantasy before I met the love of my life and got engaged!! Now we are married I figure in a few years time when we have saved up some more money I will upgrade my ring
    That does sound nice, so long as he gets it for me eventually I guess.

ReputationRep:
    Where's the fun in that though? I'm always buying things for myself. Want a guy to buy me something worth it. And let's be honest here it does prove how much you mean to him too. Most days I struggle to find a guy who wants to buy me dinner
    Men do seem to be a lot tighter nowadays, but we have hard line feminists to thank for that.

(Original post by I hate money)
    Funny how you call me broke when you're a gold digger, rich men wouldn't waste a penny on you sorry but it's the reality.
    Then you must know nothing about rich men because a lot of them date women who look like me. So I'm sorry that no women wants you but hey, that ain't my problem. Bye now

ReputationRep:
    Then you must know nothing about rich men because a lot of them date women who look like me. So I'm sorry that no women wants you but hey, that ain't my problem. Bye now
    ****ing savage! :rofl3:

ReputationRep:
    I ain't sayin' she a gold digga...

Actually, yes I am. Buy your own God damn ring, *****.

ReputationRep:
    That does sound nice, so long as he gets it for me eventually I guess.
    Sadly, unless you meet someone who is loaded which is unlikely at a younger age, the maximum you can expect them to spend is £1-2000

ReputationRep:
    Open your legs for Harvey Weinstein

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by It's****ingWOODY)
    I ain't sayin' she a gold digga...

Actually, yes I am. Buy your own God damn ring, *****.
    Suck your own damn **** then

(Original post by del1rious)
    Sadly, unless you meet someone who is loaded which is unlikely at a younger age, the maximum you can expect them to spend is £1-2000
    I'm happy dating older though

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 31, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.