Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is physical affection the only proper way to show affection? watch

Im female and not the touchy feely expressive type. My boyfriend says that i never show any feelings and the relationship is up and rown cause of it. I dont really like kissing but have been doing it a bit to please him. He wants the full french kiss though and i dont know why but I just dont like it. I like things like hugging instead. Maybe its because im very introverted and reserved. I do care about him like i like to share his problems and help him work through them but he often throws my advice back at me and its rarely ever useful to him. I show my feelings more in actions for example I drive him around a lot (he doesnt drive) if he wants picking or up or something I'l drop important things im doing and go get him. Despite him critcicising my driving on the way back. I buy him little gifts all the time but he doesnt seem to appreciate it. I spend plenty time with him but he tends to criticise and insult me a lot saying im not normal etc. I am how i am though.

ReputationRep:
    He has no right to insult you. Leave him. I'd hate for someone to be constantly insulting my driving and saying im not normal. This is what you should be making a post about.

ReputationRep:
    So...Why exactly are you with this fellow then...

(Original post by Emerald777O)
    He has no right to insult you. Leave him. I'd hate for someone to be constantly insulting my driving and saying im not normal. This is what you should be making a post about.
    He says that its the lack of physical afection which causes him to snap more easily at little things which is possibly so. I think we are just at complete opposite ends of the affection and sex drive spectrum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    He says that its the lack of physical afection which causes him to snap more easily at little things which is possibly so. I think we are just at complete opposite ends of the affection and sex drive spectrum.
    I don't know about you but I would never stick around with a guy who's just being negative to me. If he wants that affection and you're not comfortable with it then I'm sorry to say that this relationship won't last for long.

(Original post by Salt Queen)
    So...Why exactly are you with this fellow then...
    I have feelings for him but as with other aspects im not very expressive. I get angry at things but rarely show anger. He says i dont have any feelings, only for animals. We do have somethings incommon like we both believe in keeping fit/healthy and have very similar views on life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I have feelings for him but as with other aspects im not very expressive. I get angry at things but rarely show anger. He says i dont have any feelings, only for animals. We do have somethings incommon like we both believe in keeping fit/healthy and have very similar views on life.
    turns out it was just a fake beneath the skin. better luck with the next person

ReputationRep:
    i am the same as you in this respect, I tend to think that actions speak louder than words. (I also love dogs more than people). You both have different attitudes towards this subject, it doesn't have to be an issue, it sounds like he doesn't really understand why you feel this way. I think you need to have a proper chat about it and hopefully he'll see that this IS your way of showing affection, Don't have to snog him every five minutes xox

ReputationRep:
    I think you need to talk to him and tell him about your feelings, if he doesn't understand you and treats you the same; then leave him. never stick to a guy who insults you

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 29, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.