The Student Room Group

Guys: How many pairs of shoes do you own?

Scroll to see replies

I have one pair of black Oxfords for formal, one pair of casual leather sort of desert boot things, one pair of casual dark suede things, and a pair of trainers. And a cupboard full of old bin fodder I guess.

Original post by Yaboi

edit: completely forgot the demographic here are still in uni or younger

Meh I graduated in 2014. How many pairs of shoes does a man need?
Reply 21
One pair of funeral shoes, four pairs of boots and one pair of trainers.
Two:

Spoiler

Spoiler

(I don't count cycle-shoes, and nor should you.)
I own five pairs including a damaged pair that I have not thrown out even though I have replaced them.
1. I legitimately own only one pair of shoes. My trainers, that if they are looked after - as they are at the moment - also work as nice, black shoes suitable for corporate events, weddings, etc.
Three: shoes, trainers, hiking shoes :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TeenPolyglot
1. I legitimately own only one pair of shoes. My trainers, that if they are looked after - as they are at the moment - also work as nice, black shoes suitable for corporate events, weddings, etc.

Nothing that can be ascribed the nomenclature of "trainer" is appropriate for any of the above-mentioned occasions: invest in some dark-brown or black cap-toe Oxfords.
Two pairs of shoes.
Two pairs of trainers.
Football boots (does that count).

Yea I need to buy more - just gonna casually wait for sales...
Based on what I often use, 4 pairs.
2 that I wear regularly: black boots and nike sb dunks.
Then I have like 8 more pairs sitting in the wardrobe.
(edited 6 years ago)
I only have/need 3 pairs. A pair of formal, sports, and casual one and that's it
Reply 31
Original post by TeenPolyglot

Salem here, only have one for some reason.
2 boat shoes
3 jordans that I regularly wear (two jordan 1 mids, one is black and the other is olive, and one jordan 4's oreo)
2 sneakers (black classic vans and adidas superstars)
5 formal shoes (1 monk strap, 1 cap toe oxford, 1 wholecut oxford 1 plain toe derby, 1 desert boots)
2 runners (idk the names but they're both adidas)
Reply 33
3 boat shoes, 2 loafers, Oxford shoes, tennis shoes, the rest I rarely use: running shoes and 3 trainers, 2 other casual shoes and some boots (no idea how many since I don't keep them at my uni apartment).
I have 4 functional pairs
Reply 35
2 smart pairs
2 pairs of hightops
1 of converse
1 trainers
2 hiking boots
1 flip flops
2 sandals

= 11 pairs of shoes
3 pairs of trainers
1 pair of smart/casual boots
2 trainers that i wear regularly. 1 smart shoes, 2 pairs of vans, and like 4 other pairs which are sat untouched beneath my bed. And i'm not a student lol.
(I know you said "women don't post" but I think it's interesting how women are the ones stereotypically obsessed with buying shoes yet im a woman and have less pairs than most guys on here (2 pairs)
Reply 39
6 pairs

Quick Reply

Latest