Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My boyfriend has a lot of female friends. How to deal with this? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jibola240)
    Maybe on the redpill on reddit, but in the real life, male and female friendship are pretty common. So I don't that's a common viewpoint in society.
    There used to be a lot of threads on here along the lines of "can girls and guys ever be just friends" with a large amount of no votes. It's probs quite common but just not something people say explicitly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    My boyfriend is very confident, charming and easy to talk to. He's also not super laddy and can relate to girls quite easily as he has 2 sisters. Obviously this is wonderful for me but it also means he has A LOT of female friends. He is a popular guy and has a good number of male friends but still around 25:75 male to female. Some of these female friends he is very close to and they chat regularly with lots of kisses etc. I have never asked about his history with any of them because I don't want to seem jealous.

I myself have a few male friends so it's not that I necessarily think there's anything wrong with friends of the opposite sex. But the way I treat them is very different. I do not text them regularly or fuss over them.

Tbh, it kind of makes me see him in a different light now I know how many girls he's friends with. Sounds weird but kinda see him as more of a ****boy now. Also to mention a lot of these girls are very pretty so I guess it makes me feel a bit insecure sometimes.

Is this something I'm just going to have to accept? Or is there anything I can say or do to make him stop being so friendly with girls. To the point where the way he treats me isn't really that different to how he treats his female friends. Only difference is we kiss etc.
    I understand your doubts but I don’t think it’s completely driven by your insecurity. As you mentioned they are good looking females so you assume something will happen, sounds to me you don’t trust him. However you are entitled to your feelings, you need to express them with him without coming across insecure. You don’t have to like the fact that he’s cost with other females. I guess he could be friends as long as he knows boundaries, he hasn’t given you a reason to doubt so it’s a good sign. Speak to him and tell him exactly how you feel, not throwing hints or being in a mood. If he doesn’t respect your feelings I would say move on, you’ll find someone who is on your level and won’t need to explain. Oh yeah if he says he won’t do it because he loves you, run lol literally run. He shouldn’t be tempted because it’s against he values, how can you be with someone who doesn’t respect themselves enough to have standards.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Stop being insecure and talk to him.

I'm surprised by the amount of threads on TSR that pop up in which the obvious answer is to talk to the other person.

How the hell do some of you get into relationships????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ)
    Get yourself a load of male friends.
    Me being petty lol

ReputationRep:
    I wonder how he'd react if you started having lots of close kissy conversations with guy friends and cuddling them...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salt Queen)
    Maybe he's gay
    Agree.

ReputationRep:
    It's nothing bad, so just take it lightly and ask him about it.
    Guys are allowed to have friends just as you are.
    If it's bothering you so much, take 5 mins to calm yourself, feel happy that you have a boyfriend and you can chat to him freely about anything.

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend is very confident, charming and easy to talk to. He's also not super laddy and can relate to girls quite easily as he has 2 sisters. Obviously this is wonderful for me but it also means he has A LOT of female friends. He is a popular guy and has a good number of male friends but still around 25:75 male to female. Some of these female friends he is very close to and they chat regularly with lots of kisses etc. I have never asked about his history with any of them because I don't want to seem jealous.

I myself have a few male friends so it's not that I necessarily think there's anything wrong with friends of the opposite sex. But the way I treat them is very different. I do not text them regularly or fuss over them.

Tbh, it kind of makes me see him in a different light now I know how many girls he's friends with. Sounds weird but kinda see him as more of a ****boy now. Also to mention a lot of these girls are very pretty so I guess it makes me feel a bit insecure sometimes.

Is this something I'm just going to have to accept? Or is there anything I can say or do to make him stop being so friendly with girls. To the point where the way he treats me isn't really that different to how he treats his female friends. Only difference is we kiss etc.
    Have some trust in him, and if u even so suspect something may be happening, beat his ass and the girls ass too!

ReputationRep:
    Pimpin' ain't easy.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by banoffeee)
    I wonder how he'd react if you started having lots of close kissy conversations with guy friends and cuddling them...
    Surely that would be okay. It is quite common in some areas to kiss someone when you meet them etc. I wouldn't really care so there shouldn't be a problem.

ReputationRep:
    i dont think its a big deal unless he starts spending and texting them more than with you. Ur his gf so youre obvs hi gf for a reason

Lychee627

ReputationRep:
    pump and dump

ReputationRep:
    As you said, its wise to not mentioned to him how you feel about his many female friends. As matter of fact, fight within yourself to keep your feelings inside & not let go @ surface.

This is give you confidence & eventually he will come back to you.

Be patient!

ReputationRep:
    He's with you because he loves you and you've got to trust that as your boyfriend he will always choose you above the rest.

I think both of you should talk and you yourself have to like make sure you look good all the timme so he knows you are different from them and you would start to feel more confident

you yourself have to like make sure you look good all the timme so he knows you are different from them and you would start to feel more confident
    This is terrible advice. OP, you don't need to look good all the time , and certainly not for him.

OP, I would be slightly concerned in your position. You should be your boyfriend's priority not a whole harem of other girls. My advice is make sure you keep him on his toes!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Retired_Messiah)
    There used to be a lot of threads on here along the lines of "can girls and guys ever be just friends" with a large amount of no votes. It's probs quite common but just not something people say explicitly.
    Completely agree, the Idea that a straight man can't truly be 'just friends' with women is all over the place, but it's subliminal. It's expressed in this thread by people saying 'you should be worried' (because it's biologically determined that he's going to try and shag them), or, worse, 'maybe he's gay' (come on).

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 31, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.