Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

No motivation to do anything since I graduated Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by May-o2q)
    They either take taxi or there's something called tok tok, u can search in the google image, I don't know how to explain. But both are unsafe options and my parents aren't agree for me to take these rides. They keep telling me that they will bring me anywhere I want to go. Although, that means I can go anywhere I want but it's not the same you know?! And to some extent, I feel like I bother them so much......

Thank you so much, the 5 years plan sounds great. I should probably start with that. And yes, it's true, I think I have fallen into the trap of not wanting to do anything. I don't know if it's because of me feeling down or just being lazy, I really can't differentiate. But I'm feeling so bad and aggressive everyday. My mood changing is crazy.... idk. Maybe I should stop this ranting. Thanks a lot!
    You're welcome

A note on the transport thing, it might not be the same for your parents to take you but unless they are going to pay for you to learn to drive and get a car, atm that is your only option (other than taxi and tok tok). When you get a job you can earn money to start learning to drive etc so view the parents taking you somewhere as just a means to an end.

Try going to the doctors about the feeling down thing if it gets any worse, it might not seem like a massive deal atm but it can spiral out of control quickly, I have been there and it does get better if you work at it

good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hateocracy)
    I graduted in July and since then I have no goals in life, nothing, no direction and I have nothing to work towards now.

I have a good family, job, a boyfriend and a journalism degree in hand but for some reason I just don't feel like doing anything anymore because I feel I have all I need. this is what my life has come to, working every day in a dead office typing out articles for a small local newspaper. sometimes I cba to get out of bed to go to work. Even if I changed jobs, I would get bored after 3-4 months because that's me.

I don't know what else to do because working for a degree at uni was my ultimate goal and now that I have done that, i don't know what else to work towards.

Any advice? How can I inject new goals into my life?
    Look at the things that make you happy now. Social, hobbies, interests, work. What things in this area would you love to do everyday? If you don't know start looking.

Maybe apply for a more exciting journalism job? Somewhere that specifically excites you and would motivate you to get out of bed for instead of the small local newspaper?
      Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.