Carman3
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
How do i do these questions ive no clue.

A. Suppose that an < 0 ∀ n ∈ N+ and that limn→∞ an = 0. Prove that the sequence ( 1/an )n∈N+ is unbounded below.

Prove true or false

(A) ∀ δ > 0, ∃ M ∈ N+ such that n > 2M ⇒ |an − L| << δ.
(B) ∀ δ > 0, ∃ M ∈ N+ such that n > M ⇒ |an − L| << δ.
(C) ∀ δ > 0, ∃ M ∈ N+ and C > 0, where M and C may depend on δ and the sequence (an)n∈N+ , such that n > M ⇒ |an − L| < Cδ.
(D) ∀ δ > 0, ∃ M ∈ N+ and C > 0, where C is independent of δ and the sequence (an)n∈N+ , such that n > M ⇒ |an − L| << Cδ; M may depend on δ and (an)n∈N+ .

δ = delta
<< means less than or equal to
B_9710
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
For the first one as the limit of the sequence is 0, we know that for any number ε=1/M (M>0) we can find an N such that  -\epsilon =-1/M&lt;a_n&lt;0 for large enough n. What can you say about  1/a_n and -M?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (591)
34.02%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (720)
41.45%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (347)
19.98%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.55%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise