Do I have to do pe if I'm in year 11?

Watch
Sheb_
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm in year11 and we all do crap all in PE! Like i could be revising so much for my GCSEs in that hour but instead I just stand there in the cold. D any of you year 11s get to skip pe and do revision or will I get a chance to do that more ear my GCSEs?
AddQ7
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Sheb_)
D any of you year 11s get to skip pe
I'm in year 11. PE is not on my timetable and never was during year 10 for some reason.
Sheb_
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Omd how your so lucky!!
korosensei
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm in Year 11 and I have 2 PE lessons and 1 Games lesson a fortnight, tbh that's pretty annoying. I'd much rather have 1 or 2 Games lessons a fortnight and have a study period or something. Then again, idk how that would work.
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yeah PE was on my timetable in year 11. However when it came up to our mock exams and real exams we were allowed to sit in a classroom and revise instead. And when it wasn't exam time, we didn't have to do proper PE. We mainly played badminton - and it wasn't proper games with rules either. Me and my friends just like seeing how far and high we could lob the shuttlecock for an hour. We got some good rallies going on before one of us missed. Other people played football or if they wanted to do actual exercise in the fitness suite. It was pretty relaxed.
shawn_o1
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
There needs to be a rethink in the way PE is taught, if so many hate it in school then the subject is the problem. Imo PE at Year 10 should be preparing pupils for how they would train if they were to maintain their fitness.
Calotholdt
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I think it is because you didn’t pick it for GCSE.
Calotholdt
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by AddQ7)
I'm in year 11. PE is not on my timetable and never was during year 10 for some reason.
I think this is because you didn’t pick PE for GCSE, correct me if I’m wrong.
Zoeyyyyyyyy
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
We still have P.E. every week as it is compulsory (but some students have english/math intervention-e.g. if they are underachieving)
angela_12
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Zoeyyyyyyyy)
We still have P.E. every week as it is compulsory (but some students have english/math intervention-e.g. if they are underachieving)
Yeah same here...tho I thought the government or something made it compulsory for at least an hour of pe a week
Zoeyyyyyyyy
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ASJ_12)
Yeah same here...tho I thought the government or something made it compulsory for at least an hour of pe a week
Yeah apparently they have..that's what we got told
Zasty
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
when i was in year 11 they opened the sports hall and astro and were just like "play if ya want"
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (37)
8.08%
Confident (62)
13.54%
Indifferent (62)
13.54%
Unsure (116)
25.33%
Worried (181)
39.52%

Watched Threads