Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm in year11 and we all do crap all in PE! Like i could be revising so much for my GCSEs in that hour but instead I just stand there in the cold. D any of you year 11s get to skip pe and do revision or will I get a chance to do that more ear my GCSEs?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sheb_)
    D any of you year 11s get to skip pe
    I'm in year 11. PE is not on my timetable and never was during year 10 for some reason.

ReputationRep:
    Omd how your so lucky!!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I'm in Year 11 and I have 2 PE lessons and 1 Games lesson a fortnight, tbh that's pretty annoying. I'd much rather have 1 or 2 Games lessons a fortnight and have a study period or something. Then again, idk how that would work.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah PE was on my timetable in year 11. However when it came up to our mock exams and real exams we were allowed to sit in a classroom and revise instead. And when it wasn't exam time, we didn't have to do proper PE. We mainly played badminton - and it wasn't proper games with rules either. Me and my friends just like seeing how far and high we could lob the shuttlecock for an hour. We got some good rallies going on before one of us missed. Other people played football or if they wanted to do actual exercise in the fitness suite. It was pretty relaxed.

ReputationRep:
    There needs to be a rethink in the way PE is taught, if so many hate it in school then the subject is the problem. Imo PE at Year 10 should be preparing pupils for how they would train if they were to maintain their fitness.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.