BBC AS Grades - Medicine Watch

This discussion is closed.
shamilrupani
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
i got a bbc in as, but predicted aab .. should i still apply to nottingham.. my personal statement it great.. done loads of w/e

shamil
JnA
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
what do urteacher say?
and how r ur gcses?

my mate- she got 4 As at AS...and ok gcses (about 3or 4 As)...and she didnt get into notts or anywhere else cos of her gcses. Although -she didnt have much w/e, so I think they used the technical excuse of gcses.

If you really want to go notts then apply. If you have got the prediction of AAB...then your teachers are expecting you to get it arent they?
Nidz
Report 14 years ago
how did u do in ur GCSEs?
randdom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by shamilrupani)
i got a bbc in as, but predicted aab .. should i still apply to nottingham.. my personal statement it great.. done loads of w/e

shamil
It may be worth taking a year out so You can apply with your A2 grades rather than AS.
Quiksilver
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
just decache/decline the AS's and apply with predictions. from my experience, everyone with poor AS results does much better at A2
Defacto
Report 14 years ago
A friend of mine got something like BBC as well [with a C in Chem] at AS, but his teacher predicted him 3 A's and he's now in his 2nd year at QM.

I don't think you "have" to tell them your AS results, many in my year aren't going to.
Fluffy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by JnA)
what do urteacher say?
and how r ur gcses?

my mate- she got 4 As at AS...and ok gcses (about 3or 4 As)...and she didnt get into notts or anywhere else cos of her gcses. Although -she didnt have much w/e, so I think they used the technical excuse of gcses.
I'm guessing there was nothing technical abou it if she had little w/e!!! It probably really was the reason!
Naveed
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
my physics teacher said 70% of people get either the same or lower grades as AS in their A2
badboy killa
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by JnA)
what do urteacher say?
and how r ur gcses?

If you really want to go notts then apply. If you have got the prediction of AAB...then your teachers are expecting you to get it arent they?

Well it makes sense she didnt get a place. Work experience and volunteering is what its all about.
shamilrupani
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
well i got 5 a's at gcse and got loads of work exprience.. AAB predictions and im going to decline my as grades.. does it look likely that i will get a place anywhere?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (489)
37.7%
No - but I will (100)
7.71%
No - I don't want to (88)
6.78%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (620)
47.8%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise