Turn on thread page Beta

So I broke up with my gf nearly a year ago because we were both pretty busy and not spending enough time with each other for me to justify committing to a ldr (I was moving city). When I broke up with her, she seemed slightly hurt but didn't cry or try and change my mind. She was just really calm and kept it short, didn't try and keep me around.
    I thought she might try and text me and interact with me since the breakup but she hasn't. Doesn't even like any of my pictures etc. Was my birthday a couple weeks ago and she didn't message which I thought was odd.
    Things ended on good terms so I don't get it. Is it that she just doesn't care enough? Or do you think this is just her way of moving on. I still like her and would love another shot but I don't know if I stand a chance. Should I ask to meet up? If she says no is that it?
    Ive been dumped before and I remember trying to find any opportunity to get in contact, but she isnt.

ReputationRep:
    She has what is commonly known as self-respect. You didn't appreciate her enough to try LDR and now you're complaining she is not paying enough attention to you? Boy, bye.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    It sounds like this is just her way of moving on and respecting your decision. It was your choice to end the relationship, and she respected that by not begging you to change your mind. She wants to get rid of the feelings she had for you, and the way to do that is distance, which means no communication. She probably does still care about you, but keeps in her mind that you broke up with her, therefore she needs to move on.

You are exes. Why should she be trying to talk to you and stalking you on social media? You should be moving on too. It was your decision that you couldn't be bothered to try and make it work long-distance.

Sounds like you broke up with her but wanted the attention of her going "oh please take me back, I beg you. I want you to be mine, please don't leave me".

grab by pussy
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Then you have people who complain that their ex is constantly nagging them. Can't win these days :rolleyes:

It's her way of moving on.

ReputationRep:
    She's just respecting your decision and moving on. She may be upset privately but not wanting to share it with you.

So if this is her moving/moved on, does that mean it's probably too late to try and get her back? I almost feel like Im the one whos been dumped. She hasn't been with anyone since us so I'm kind of holding onto that because surely if she was over me she would have kissed someone by now?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So if this is her moving/moved on, does that mean it's probably too late to try and get her back? I almost feel like Im the one whos been dumped. She hasn't been with anyone since us so I'm kind of holding onto that because surely if she was over me she would have kissed someone by now?
    I'd say it is too late. She isn't showing any signs she wants to get back with you. She's living her own life, yet you seem to think she should be pining after you.

Why do you feel like you're the one that's been dumped? You didn't want to put in the effort to make the relationship work, she respected your decision and is getting on with her life without you, yet you feel like she should be miserable without you?

How do you know she hasn't been with anyone? How do you know she hasn't kissed anyone? Unless you're stalking her, then you wouldn't know these things about her personal life. Even if she hasn't done those things, that could just be because she hasn't met someone she wants to date yet. It doesn't mean she is still lusting after you.

Honestly, you need to stop with your view that you're this amazing guy who should never be forgotten. Let her live her life without you. After all, you're the one that caused all of this.

(Original post by DrawTheLine)
    I'd say it is too late. She isn't showing any signs she wants to get back with you. She's living her own life, yet you seem to think she should be pining after you.

Why do you feel like you're the one that's been dumped? You didn't want to put in the effort to make the relationship work, she respected your decision and is getting on with her life without you, yet you feel like she should be miserable without you?

How do you know she hasn't been with anyone? How do you know she hasn't kissed anyone? Unless you're stalking her, then you wouldn't know these things about her personal life. Even if she hasn't done those things, that could just be because she hasn't met someone she wants to date yet. It doesn't mean she is still lusting after you.

Honestly, you need to stop with your view that you're this amazing guy who should never be forgotten. Let her live her life without you. After all, you're the one that caused all of this.
    Actually it was mostly her not having time to hang out as much, so then when I ended up spending more time with my friends. I felt like she wasn't in it as much as I was, so I thought it would be better to end it before dragging it out over long distance. So I didn't necessarily want to end it, I just thought it probably wasn't going anywhere.

We're kind of in the same friendship circle with mutual friends. So my mates have relayed back info from her mates.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Actually it was mostly her not having time to hang out as much, so then when I ended up spending more time with my friends. I felt like she wasn't in it as much as I was, so I thought it would be better to end it before dragging it out over long distance. So I didn't necessarily want to end it, I just thought it probably wasn't going anywhere.

We're kind of in the same friendship circle with mutual friends. So my mates have relayed back info from her mates.
    Did you tell her this was how you felt before you broke up, or did you just assume that was how she felt?

Either way, she's moving on because you ended it with her. You have to respect her decision.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonymous)
    so i broke up with my gf nearly a year ago because we were both pretty busy and not spending enough time with each other for me to justify committing to a ldr (i was moving city). When i broke up with her, she seemed slightly hurt but didn't cry or try and change my mind. She was just really calm and kept it short, didn't try and keep me around.
    I thought she might try and text me and interact with me since the breakup but she hasn't. Doesn't even like any of my pictures etc. Was my birthday a couple weeks ago and she didn't message which i thought was odd.
    Things ended on good terms so i don't get it. Is it that she just doesn't care enough? Or do you think this is just her way of moving on. I still like her and would love another shot but i don't know if i stand a chance. Should i ask to meet up? If she says no is that it?
    Ive been dumped before and i remember trying to find any opportunity to get in contact, but she isnt.
    well then you're a beg

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 31, 2017
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.