Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Am I not a normal 16 year old??? Watch

So I'm a 16 year old boy and I just don't feel like doing what other 16 year olds do. As in alcohol, drugs, smoking and even sex. It's just that I'm just too conscious about all these stuff. Is it that I'm mature enough already or is it that I'm not normal as a 16 year old?

ReputationRep:
    Nope you're just a good person!

ReputationRep:
    Nah mate your the only one pure enough for this world, the other heathens shall burn forever encased in sin. Lets not forget everyone is exactly the same apart from you.

(Original post by Casisalive)
    Nah mate your the only one pure enough for this world, the other heathens shall burn forever encased in sin. Lets not forget everyone is exactly the same apart from you.
    Dude I'm not here to joke. I was expecting a serious answer

ReputationRep:
    Actually, I'm eighteen and I've never rolled a joint, never taken an unprescribed pill and I do not like beer (though I do enjoy wine tasting). You're the normal one, not them, trust me.

ReputationRep:
    You're more normal than they are.

(Original post by New_to_tsr)
    Nope you're just a good person!
    Thnx!

(Original post by Nyimane)
    Actually, I'm eighteen and I've never rolled a joint, never taken an unprescribed pill and I do not like beer (though I do enjoy wine tasting). You're the normal one, not them, trust me.
    Cheers mate!

(Original post by Emerald777O)
    You're more normal than they are.
    Thanks, but don't u think the definition of normal is rather the opposite of me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Dude I'm not here to joke. I was expecting a serious answer
    Some people do drugs and other dont, I used to but my best friend at the time never really saw the apeal. Its around the age you can finaly convince bossman to hook you up with some beers on the premise you forgot your ID at home and it seems like a good age to experiment with the girl youve been chatting up on bbm. TLDR Everyones different, some do some dont. You just made a different choice.

ReputationRep:
    When I was 16 I was mostly interested in booze and guitars. Different strokes for different folks, I wouldn't worry too much.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, but don't u think the definition of normal is rather the opposite of me?
    Not doing drugs, sex or alcohol doesn't make you weird or anything like that. You're not stupid!

(Original post by Emerald777O)
    Not doing drugs, sex or alcohol doesn't make you weird or anything like that. You're not stupid!
    Well...

ReputationRep:
    You are normal, mature and wise. Keep It up :yy:

ReputationRep:
    perhaps you are discerning and wise enough to know that those things will not benefit you in the long run.
    when making desicions it's good to ask yourself "will this bring more harm than pleasure in the long run?"

ReputationRep:
    So I'm a 16 year old boy and I just don't feel like doing what other 16 year olds do. As in alcohol, drugs, smoking and even sex. It's just that I'm just too conscious about all these stuff. Is it that I'm mature enough already or is it that I'm not normal as a 16 year old?
    I missed out on my life too mate. Now I'm in my mid 20's and I always feel like I'm out of touch with everyone else... I've done all kinds of **** but I've never been in the mix, never known any pop culture, don't get half the jokes on Facebook. It's because I was raised by old people and all my mates just play video games indoors when I see them. Except rare occasions they'll come out with me.

Long run is pathetic. Living like you're literally God and dying young like Zyzz is better than lasting forever and going out in some old people's home having had a totally mediocre existence. I think Zyzz died a bit too young actually, but it's a well known example. Life's over for everyone in their 40s anyway. That's why people have to send consolation cards with platitudes about how "life begins at 40". Everyone knows it's over... Everything after that is just a haze of mediocrity until you shrivel away.

Fewer regrets looking back knowing you had a wild ride than having had a few extra decades of watching Emmerdale while sipping tea doing sweet **** all with an ancient frail body that can't even function.

ReputationRep:
    I suppose at the end of the day it depends on what kind of life one would find fulfilling.

It's different for everyone.

I prefer to lead a generally peaceful existence with some adventures here and there as well.

This may seem boring for some but it suits me lol

ReputationRep:
    no sex
    DAFOOK
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I think you're the majority, it's just the minority that do outlandish stuff that get people's attention. No-one's going to write an article on a kid who does all of his work and doesn't ever toy with drugs and alcohol. That ****'s not interesting. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I'm 16 and don't do any of that shyte, i guess i'm weird

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 3, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.