Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have sprained my thumb from playing rugby today and I don’t think it’ll heal in time for my WJEC English and Numeracy exam next week, any idea on what I should do? I can’t contact the school it’s half term. I am also struggling to revise because of my injury. I honestly don’t know what to do.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    You have to be able to contact somebody. My friend was attacked and assaulted 2 months before our A-Level exams this year, ended up with a broken shoulder, nose and cheekbone and he got into contact with pretty much everybody during the May half-term. Email your teachers, head of year, head of department, head teacher. Even though it's the holidays, teachers still check their emails.

Write an email, mark it as high priority and send it to them. That's all you can do right now. They'll probably get you a scribe or a laptop to do your exam on, or give you extra time.

ReputationRep:
    You have to get into contact. Email, phone calls everything. They will get you special consideration. Download a notes app on your phone for now and use that to revise. I sprained my wrist a couple of weeks ago and am just starting to be able to write again and as a sixth form student it's really impacted me. Honestly I'd advise you to get a notes app, try to keep revising in alternate ways such as completing past questions on microsoft and printing your answers if you want a physical copy. It's going to be slower but if you keep at it and adapt quickly, it'll help you and save you lots of time. Let me know if you need any further advice and I'll try to help as best as I can. Good luck in your exam!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.