Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer today for Computer Science with Management !

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for Artificial Intelligence and Mathematics. Not heard anything yet, and I think that I probably won't hear anything for a while yet . I'm a Scotland applicant, so it'll be one of the last.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by macmilin)
    I got an offer today for Computer Science with Management !
    me too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue_Cow)
    EE & CS first year here. Tag me in if you have any questions about the course and I'll try to answer. I probably won't be able to answer any admissions related questions, though.
    Hi!
    Could you just give a brief on the student life there. Plus, are you an international. If yes, how do you think is the international student welfare there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by An_Indian_Girl)
    Hi!
    Could you just give a brief on the student life there. Plus, are you an international. If yes, how do you think is the international student welfare there?
    I'm not an international student. I normally reside in England.

I haven't experienced much of the nightlife (yet) but I've been to a few pubs with friends and there are loads of them here.

There are a ridiculous amount of societies so you'll always find one that suits you

That's a very general answer, so if you have any more specific questions then feel free to tag me in again.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue_Cow)
    I'm not an international student. I normally reside in England.

I haven't experienced much of the nightlife (yet) but I've been to a few pubs with friends and there are loads of them here.

There are a ridiculous amount of societies so you'll always find one that suits you

That's a very general answer, so if you have any more specific questions then feel free to tag me in again.
    Thats nice.
    What about the professors? How are the academics there? Is it more self learning via experiences, or the traditional lectures?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by An_Indian_Girl)
    Thats nice.
    What about the professors? How are the academics there? Is it more self learning via experiences, or the traditional lectures?
    I can only comment for the School of Engineering and the School of Informatics here. The lecturers I have are very helpful. They're willing to take questions during the lecture and often stay for a few minutes at the end to answer any questions.

They also use an online tool called Piazza so you can ask questions to the lecturers anonymously, and they're usually pretty quick when it comes to responding.

I'm not going to lie, sometimes the lecturer (or the lecture content itself) can be very boring, so you will have to do a lot of self learning (that's the nature of university work) but there is plenty of support available through the tutorials/workshops or something called InfBase which is a drop in type of session where you can get help from those who are often in the third year of their degree.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.