Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is being a female virgin a bad thing ? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I’m now 21 and I’ve never been in a situation where it would just happen. I guess that’s why it’s never happened. I wasn’t really interested in dating until my ex. It was important to him and couldn’t really wait so he left. Now I’m getting the feeling it’s a horrible thing. I shouldn’t have waited and maybe it’s getting in the way of finding someone to connect with on a deeper level. Intimacy is an important part of a relationship. How can I date if I’m not ready to be physical ?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Sex is your prerogative, if you want to have it everyday, that's fine, if you never want to have it, that's also fine. You do you! It's not bad to be a virgin and if your ex couldn't wait, then it wasn't meant to be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fiyin6)
    Sex is your prerogative, if you want to have it everyday, that's fine, if you never want to have it, that's also fine. If your ex couldn't wait then it wasn't meant to be, and that's fine too. Not everyone wants to have sex
    Yes I understand that not everyone wants to have sex but I feel I’m potentially limiting my options. I do eventually want to have it when I’m comfortable. It’s difficult because I think it’s getting in the way

(Original post by Onlyasking)
    Yes I understand that not everyone wants to have sex but I feel I’m potentially limiting my options. I do eventually want to have it when I’m comfortable. It’s difficult because I think it’s getting in the way
    Honestly, you don't need to worry yourself, you're not limiting your options because when it's your time it'll happen

ReputationRep:
    I use to feel the same way until I met someone who made me feel comfortable enough to lose it. Don't rush into something you don't feel ready about because in the end, you will not enjoy yourself. Wait until you're comfortable or you've found someone who makes you feel good enough and safe enough to want to do it. Being a virgin does not limit your options, guys who don't understand are not worth it. You will definitely find someone so don't worry

literally everybody is already pre-occupied with their own lives to care enough about yours - you do you boo.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 23 and still a virgin by choice; just do whatever makes you feel comfortable

ReputationRep:
    save it for marrige trust me your husbad will appreciate it

ReputationRep:
    if the person you're with is not willing to wait, then they're not worth your time because obviously they just want you for sex and not for you

ReputationRep:
    No.

ReputationRep:
    still blows my mind people ask this question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angry Bird)
    still blows my mind people ask this question
    its because of how insecure the media and people around you make you feel

ReputationRep:
    I think as far as modern culture is concerned other is strange. But there is still people who value virginity.

ReputationRep:
    Its a very good thing. It means that when you do find the right person - statistically you are more likely to stay together, and less likely to get divorced.

ReputationRep:
    Youll recieve the D one way or another
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Lel

ReputationRep:
    Intimidate sex for the 1st tastes wonderful. However later on it turn to become dull & lame somehow as it becomes routine.

So, don't rush! Do it as you feel please & ready!

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it is a bad thing. You shouldn't go out and rush to lose it. Losing your virginity should be a sign of intimacy, and that you are willing to commit to someone. If you are not ready, your partner should respect your wishes and wait if he loves you. Don't feel pressured to lose it, wait until you feel the time is right.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    No it's not. Like the ancient Chinese proverb says: "A good key opens many locks, but a bad lock is opened by many keys."

its a good thing because then you know guys aren't just using you for sex - if they don't leave you. if they leave, like your ex, then they just wanted you for sex. if they truly loved you for who you are, your personality and character, they'd wait. obvs not a ridiculous amount like 20 years but like a good while yanow?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 1, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.