The Student Room Group

Is being a female virgin a bad thing ?

Scroll to see replies

If anything, Males prefer Virgins lol.
Original post by Onlyasking
I’m now 21 and I’ve never been in a situation where it would just happen. I guess that’s why it’s never happened. I wasn’t really interested in dating until my ex. It was important to him and couldn’t really wait so he left. Now I’m getting the feeling it’s a horrible thing. I shouldn’t have waited and maybe it’s getting in the way of finding someone to connect with on a deeper level. Intimacy is an important part of a relationship. How can I date if I’m not ready to be physical ?

No its not at all, don't worry when you find the person you click with perfectly maybe then you will be open. Never do something you don't want to do, its a rule all of us have known and can be applied to in so many different contexts-when you're ready, then open up.
Original post by Anonymous
its a good thing because then you know guys aren't just using you for sex - if they don't leave you. if they leave, like your ex, then they just wanted you for sex. if they truly loved you for who you are, your personality and character, they'd wait. obvs not a ridiculous amount like 20 years but like a good while yanow?

i agree with this.
it's probably best to at least spend a year with a person before you become intimate with them. like really get to know them and build trust.
(i'm a virgin too so i understand how you feel to an extent.)
Reply 24
no it's not a bad thing.

how long did you want your ex to wait?
I’m now 21 and I’ve never been in a situation where it would just happen. I guess that’s why it’s never happened. I wasn’t really interested in dating until my ex. It was important to him and couldn’t really wait so he left. Now I’m getting the feeling it’s a horrible thing. I shouldn’t have waited and maybe it’s getting in the way of finding someone to connect with on a deeper level. Intimacy is an important part of a relationship. How can I date if I’m not ready to be physical ?

it's not a bad thing in the slightest, it's a smart thing to do and your future husband will respect you more because of it. And tbh sex is a great filter when filtering out the unserious guys to guys you should be with, the guy that left doesn't care about you enough, when u meet the right guy it won't matter because the right guy that actually loves you will wait however long it takes

girl ,you can date of course it is just that he wasn't made for you because i think if a boy really love you and care for you (not his boy desires) he could have wait or maybe try to make you confortable with the issue step by step till you decide that you are ready for the thing
Reply 27
Historic norm is to wait until after marriage. But the media/hollywood is using brainwashing to degrade our behaviour. The media cannot be trusted, just look at all the pervs running these companies.
So nothing to worry about - you are normal, it is the cheap tarts who are abnormal.
nah, y'all make excellent sacrifices

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending