Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Falsification of data in essay? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm really troubled right now that I have misrepresented some information in an essay I just submitted. In mine I had included 2/3 examples of that were included in the in-text citation with it. As I thought at the time that the first example should be common knowledge.

The worst problem is that I continued my sentence with existing evidence to support those examples with the additional example. Has anyone experienced being severely marked down or dealt with by your university for doing this as a case of academic misconduct? How bad was it?

Would appreciate your reply. Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    Looked at my essay again and it seems that i left that citation out of the reference list too. Will I be just marked down for plagiarism or both?
    While I'm trying to mentally prepare for the worst, I know the source can still be found with the help of some keywords... not sure if that makes it worse...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.