ReputationRep:
    My app isn't letting me log in to TSR. It used to work without any problems but since a few days ago it refuses to log me in, giving a message that says, "TypeError: Network request failed". I tried uninstalling and installing it again but to no avail. I still however get push notifications from the app, but when I go on the notification it doesn't let me see it on TSR because it doesn't let me log in.

The app version is 2.0.6 and my Android version is 4.4.2.

ReputationRep:
    Is it because you are already logged on the website???
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by N/A IS THE NAME)
    Is it because you are already logged on the website???
    I'm always logged on the website. It's never prevented me from logging on to the app.
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qasidb)
    My app isn't letting me log in to TSR. It used to work without any problems but since a few days ago it refuses to log me in, giving a message that says, "TypeError: Network request failed". I tried uninstalling and installing it again but to no avail. I still however get push notifications from the app, but when I go on the notification it doesn't let me see it on TSR because it doesn't let me log in.

Maybe try uninstalling, rebooting, reinstalling?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doonesbury)
    Maybe try uninstalling, rebooting, reinstalling?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Doesn't work
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't work

iOS or Android?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doonesbury)

iOS or Android?
    Android 4.0.4
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Android 4.0.4
    4.0? I suspect that's not supported...

Edit: yup checking on Play
    "Requires Android
    4.1 and up"
    • TSR Community Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:

Hiya, just to double check, is this our new app? And is it definitely the one from the Google store and not the BETA version? As that won't work now.

Thanks,
    Jack

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Jack)
    Hiya, just to double check, is this our new app? And is it definitely the one from the Google store and not the BETA version? As that won't work now.

Thanks,
    Jack
    New app. It's strange how it was working before with the very latest version of the app and it then it just suddenly stopped working. Sucks really.
    • TSR Community Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    New app. It's strange how it was working before with the very latest version of the app and it then it just suddenly stopped working. Sucks really.
    Yes, sorry about this - we definitely want to fix it for you. Do you receive any particular error message?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Jack)
    Yes, sorry about this - we definitely want to fix it for you. Do you receive any particular error message?
    "TypeError: Network request failed"

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.