Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The unlogic of the liberal left Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesN88)
    Calling the police is pathetic, equally as pathetic is the idiot who put the sign there in the first place(bearing in mind the historical background re the First Nations and their suffering at the hands of Europeans it's an obvious attempt at provocation).

And yes this obsession with obscure events is a victim complex. You sound like an upper-middle class feminist who's convinced themselves they're oppressed and are desperately trying to convince others.
    Not really, I am just discussing an ideology that I find on the one side nauseating and on the other extreme, down right dangerous and akin to dangerous brainwashing - jailing people for offensiveness statements. It’s like this country has gone down the toilet in terms of freedom of speech and we have the thought crime police.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airplanebee2)
    Not really, I am just discussing an ideology that I find on the one side nauseating and on the other extreme, down right dangerous and akin to dangerous brainwashing - jailing people for offensiveness statements. It’s like this country has gone down the toilet in terms of freedom of speech and we have the thought crime police.
    It's a good thing that the ideology you speak about doesn't exist outside of internet forums.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bornblue)
    It's a good thing that the ideology you speak about doesn't exist outside of internet forums.
    Really, so why were pedophile grooming gangs of an ethnic minority allowed to carry out of fear of being called racist on but Westminster men targeted for some big nothing burger like brushing against someone?

Do you think it might be that most people can’t detect their ideology because they are in it?

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Really, so why were pedophile grooming gangs of an ethnic minority allowed to carry out of fear of being called racist on but Westminster men targeted for some big nothing burger like brushing against someone?

Do you think it might be that most people can’t detect their ideology because they are in it?

Are you really using an Alex Jones video to back your point up?

Really?

ReputationRep:

Really?
    Not to back up my point, my point backs up itself, you know why? I haven’t written anything that isn’t a fact.

Its a side point. Large parts of the population are living in unreality if you take empiricism and objectivity to be reality.

Evil man in the White House wants to enforce the laws and not do illegal things.

ReputationRep:

Really?
    Just when things couldn't get more absurd. :lol:

ReputationRep:

Such a reasonable man.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dez)
    We're talking about crime in general here, not terrorist attacks.

Hence why I attached the stats from SOCTA. Nothing to do with terrorism.

That's not what I said. I'm talking about rate of violent crime from these supposed groups, which as I already mentioned is completely irrelevant when it comes to validating or refuting the ideology associated to them.

I've already posted data from the Home Office backing up this claim. The rate of hate crime within England and Wales alone is over 100 per day, if you were to look at statistics worldwide, or even just in Europe, you would see that there is plenty of race/religion-motivated criminal acts to go around.
    "We're talking about crime in general here, not terrorist attacks."

As I said, hate crime reporting isn't the same as hate crime convictions. Convictions have gone down. The police themselves, as well as the ONS, confirm that reporting has gone up because the methods of being able to report have become easier.

In days of old Universities were places of debate - you're living proof that safe spaces are an affront to learning. The evidence is available, but your feelings come first. That isn't how life works. Educate yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)

Such a reasonable man.
    Well Hillary Clinton has called out Alex Jones by name many times for saying he helped the Trump victory significantly. So for this reason you can’t call him ineffective.

Someone can go and write a bunch of books to challenge the ideology and call out its mistruths. The book is labelled as nonsense and pseudoscience before anyone has even read it. (Let’s take Alexander Dugin’s - ThIs Fourth Political Theory for example)

Only a few off beat people will read them and and they will collect dust at the back of libraries. People want to be lied to. They always have, they always will.

The people who are most effective in non-violently making ideological change are people like Alex Jones, comics and showmen who create memes and entertainment displays.
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SarahLeicester)
    "We're talking about crime in general here, not terrorist attacks."

SOCTA's stats only concern organised crime, they don't provide stats on criminal acts in general. Further, the stats don't even mention violent crime or hate crime as far as I can tell, so I don't really see how they are relevant to the discussion.

As I said, hate crime reporting isn't the same as hate crime convictions. Convictions have gone down. The police themselves, as well as the ONS, confirm that reporting has gone up because the methods of being able to report have become easier.
    So? I never made any claims about the amount of hate crime increasing or decreasing.

In days of old Universities were places of debate - you're living proof that safe spaces are an affront to learning. The evidence is available, but your feelings come first. That isn't how life works. Educate yourself.
    WTF has this got to do with anything? :lolwut: Can you kindly not shove your agenda in my face if you're going to comment?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dez)
    SOCTA's stats only concern organised crime, they don't provide stats on criminal acts in general. Further, the stats don't even mention violent crime or hate crime as far as I can tell, so I don't really see how they are relevant to the discussion.

So? I never made any claims about the amount of hate crime increasing or decreasing.

WTF has this got to do with anything? :lolwut: Can you kindly not shove your agenda in my face if you're going to comment?
    There is no legal definition of hate crime, it doesn't exist. Crime overall has been consistently dropping.

You're all over the place. You claimed the amount of 'hate crime' was up to over 100 per day. Again, hate crime reporting isn't hate crime convictions.

You also claimed crimes by the far right well exceeded those by the far left, and had done for decades. This is clearly nonsense - Nationalism and Republicanism in Northern Ireland for a start are far left. The figures released by EUROPOL don't just relate to terrorist attacks and don't back up your claims. The ONS don't back up your claims either.

I have no agenda other than correcting nonsense claims, I'm sorry you aren't able to deal in facts rather than feelings.

ReputationRep:
    There is no legal definition of hate crime, it doesn't exist. Crime overall has been consistently dropping.

You're all over the place. You claimed the amount of 'hate crime' was up to over 100 per day. Again, hate crime reporting isn't hate crime convictions.

You also claimed crimes by the far right well exceeded those by the far left, and had done for decades. This is clearly nonsense - Nationalism and Republicanism in Northern Ireland for a start are far left. The figures released by EUROPOL don't just relate to terrorist attacks and don't back up your claims. The ONS don't back up your claims either.

I have no agenda other than correcting nonsense claims, I'm sorry you aren't able to deal in facts rather than feelings.
    Let’s go back to the my first line in this thread. Ronald Regan said that “Our Liberal friends know things that are not.”

They get caught up in terms and concepts and therefore in their minds distort reality into the way they are perceiving it.

This is exactly what the postmodern thinkers intended.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 4, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.