Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airplanebee2)
    There is a country called Niger 🇳🇪. I supposed it may t must be a racist country?
    You really are a strange little man.
    The country 'Niger' is named after the Niger river and has absolutely nothing to do with what you are insinuating it does. It's not even spelt the same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bornblue)
    Google, the capitalist giant, are not left wing.
    Google are not left wing economically but they subscribe to postmodern social theory or social Marxism.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    ITT crying broflake that is upset the world isn't anymore letting him openly discriminate against others to make himself feel better about his own *****y life.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Google are not left wing economically but they subscribe to postmodern social theory or social Marxism.
    Google are not left wing full stop.

There's no such thing as 'postmodern social marxism' or whatever you call it. It's a concept imagined up and obsessed over by people such as yourself.

No one on the left cares about any of that. They care about public services, the cost of housing, education etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yudothis)
    Erm, because people like you love to be derogatory against minority groups, and always have been. So no, I have never wondered this because it's obvious af.
    I have been discussing postmodern social theory followed by discussions about lexical syntax of non-PC words?

Who have I been derogatory against? Who is the victim?

ReputationRep:
    ITT crying broflake that is upset the world isn't anymore letting him openly discriminate against others to make himself feel better about his own *****y life.
    No I’m discussing the effect of postmodern social theory on language.

ReputationRep:
    I have been discussing postmodern social theory followed by discussions about lexical syntax of non-PC words?

Who have I been derogatory against? Who is the victim?
    Then tell me this, why are you so upset that you can't use words anymore that are upsetting others?

ReputationRep:
    Not at all. My description is much more apt.

ReputationRep:
    Google are not left wing full stop.

There's no such thing as 'postmodern social marxism' or whatever you call it. It's a concept imagined up and obsessed over by people such as yourself.

No one on the left cares about any of that. They care about public services, the cost of housing, education etc.
    So why does professor Jordan Peterson, professor of psychology at University of Toronto say that it exists? He is crazy I suppose? Or the scientific American who write about the theory, crazy I suppose?

Everyone who disagrees with you is crazy.

Here we go again, the unlogic of the liberal left.

ReputationRep:
    Then tell me this, why are you so upset that you can't use words anymore that are upsetting others?
    Where did I say that I’m upset, I enjoy debating.

ReputationRep:
    No, you're annoyed because you can't use the n word, for some reason.

Not using words which were predominantly used in a racist context to demonise and degraded those it was aimed at, is hardly 'pc culture'. It's about not being a total *******.

Such words have always been racist and have always been used in a degrading manner. It's not as if the n word was fine in the 60s, it was racist back then, just no one did anything about it.

That's not social marxism or whatever you call it. That's simply not being racist.

ReputationRep:
    Not at all. My description is much more apt.
    Well your description suits you better! People who disagree with you are crazy 😜

ReputationRep:
    Where did I say that I’m upset, I enjoy debating.
    I laughed so hard.

ReputationRep:
    So why does professor Jordan Peterson, professor of psychology at University of Toronto say that it exists? He is crazy I suppose? Or the scientific American who write about the theory, crazy I suppose?

Everyone who disagrees with you is crazy.

Here we go again, the unlogic of the liberal left.
    I guess those who've written theories on 9/11 being an inside job must be correct too then? Of course not.

I don't care what he says, nor have I heard of him.

I'll repeat, the only people obsessed with marxism are those such as yourself.
    No one else goes on about it. No one else experiences it. A few people losing their jobs for using openly racist terms is not an example of 'social marxism'.

No one else cares. Really.

ReputationRep:
    No, you're annoyed because you can't use the n word, for some reason.

Not using words which were predominantly used in a racist context to demonise and degraded those it was aimed at, is hardly 'pc culture'. It's about not being a total *******.

Such words have always been racist and have always been used in a degrading manner. It's not as if the n word was fine in the 60s, it was racist back then, just no one did anything about it.

That's not social marxism or whatever you call it. That's simply not being racist.
    So I guess Carole Thatcher must have not held a belief that her group was superior to blacks when saying the word Gollywog before 1990 but she must have had that sentiment when saying it after?

And I guess the Romans didn’t realise their word Negro was racist?

And I guess talking about ever changing vocabulary is racist.

Mathematics is racist according to Prof. Rochelle Gutierrez.

What if I declare that the sky is racist and get 10 million people to say that and the media and teachers to say it? Does the sky become racist?

Of course yes because according to Postmodern philosophy Jacques Derrida words and their historical meaning are separate and we need to take a logocentric approach and and stop holding the external reality as fixed and our thoughts as there tools to change the external world ... through words.

ReputationRep:
    So I guess Carole Thatcher must have not held a belief that her group was superior to blacks when saying the word Gollywog before 1990 but she must have had that sentiment when saying it after?

And I guess the Romans didn’t realise their word Negro was racist?

And I guess talking about ever changing vocabulary is racist.

Mathematics is racist according to Prof. Rochelle Gutierrez.

What if I declare that the sky is racist and get 10 million people to say that and the media and teachers to say it? Does the sky become racist?

Of course yes because according to Postmodern philosophy Jacques Derrida words and their historical meaning are separate and we need to take a logocentric approach and and stop holding the external reality as fixed and our thoughts as there tools to change the external world ... through words.
    The term 'negro' is not racist. The n word however was used in a very racist context,

Carol Thatcher used a racist term and refused to apologise. It was always a racist term. Just because society tolerated it, does not mean it was not racist.

Society used to tolerate open homophobia. That doesn't mean it wasn't homophobic.

That's not social Marxism.

Your essential argument seems to be that because we tolerated racism a few decades ago and don't anymore, that social marxism is taking over.

ReputationRep:
    The term 'negro' is not racist. The n word however was used in a very racist context,

Carol Thatcher used a racist term and refused to apologise. It was always a racist term. Just because society tolerated it, does not mean it was not racist.

Society used to tolerate open homophobia. That doesn't mean it wasn't homophobic.

That's not social Marxism.

Your essential argument seems to be that because we tolerated racism a few decades ago and don't anymore, that social marxism is taking over.
    Right so let’s take this scenario, a footballer uses a taboo word for a minority group. Shock horror it’s front page news, BBC first item on the news, days after the is still reporting that decimal making is going on in committees about what to do lending his immediate suspension.

Do you think this society is operating in a normal MO with regards to this?

ReputationRep:
    Right so let’s take this scenario, a footballer uses a taboo word for a minority group. Shock horror it’s front page news, BBC first item on the news, days after the is still reporting that decimal making is going on in committees about what to do lending his immediate suspension.

Do you think this society is operating in a normal MO with regards to this?
    I don't think footballers, in the position they are in, should be using racist terms no.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think footballers, in the position they are in, should be using racist terms no.
    That’s not what I asked - what I asked is do you think the level of obsession society has with this is normal?

Of course it’s not, socially has in its core some deep rooted conditions that cause it to react with such enormity to such things.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 4, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.