Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I wanted to create this post to ask any students what their offers were, where they applied to, and what their qualifications are (GCSE + IB/ A level). Any responses will be helpful thank you.

ReputationRep:
    well I've applied to Nottingham and Bristol for Foundation medicine with predicted grades OF ABB so I'm just waiting on our UKCAT to get sent off and only time with tell
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ireti)
    well I've applied to Nottingham and Bristol for Foundation medicine with predicted grades OF ABB so I'm just waiting on our UKCAT to get sent off and only time with tell
    I've been wanting to look into foundation years, how do they work, and are they harder to get into because there are less places?

ReputationRep:
    yes they are harder to get into because of the smaller amount of spaces but you must have specific criteria as they lower the grade requirements, examples of some of the requirements may be: your school was non selective state in the bottom.40% of the uk, you are the first in your family to go to university, your family have a low income, you live in a disadvantaged area. the whole point of a foundation course in medicine is to give disadvantaged students an opportunity to study medicine so I think the requirements can be as low as BBC but you'll have to fit the requirements

ReputationRep:
    my school isn't very good and I live in a dodgy area which is why I was able to apply for a foundation course, but I was only eledgible for Nottingham and Bristol, each school has a different set of criteria

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ireti)
    my school isn't very good and I live in a dodgy area which is why I was able to apply for a foundation course, but I was only eledgible for Nottingham and Bristol, each school has a different set of criteria
    ok, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    I do bio chem maths. No interviews or offers yet- i think they have until march to send out offers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by N/A IS THE NAME)
    I do bio chem maths. No interviews or offers yet- i think they have until march to send out offers.
    Where did you apply and what were your GCSE grades if you don't mind me asking? I'm in year 12 and I'm trying to figure out where I could apply with mine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by N/A IS THE NAME)
    I do bio chem and English, I don't think they'll start giving interviews until November because that's when they send off out UKCAT

ReputationRep:
    Do anyone know when the UKCAT scores are actually sent out - as in what date in November?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ireti)
    I do bio chem and English, I don't think they'll start giving interviews until November because that's when they send off out UKCAT
    Yh. I prefer to have it later on so i have more time to prepare

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baurmannt)
    Where did you apply and what were your GCSE grades if you don't mind me asking? I'm in year 12 and I'm trying to figure out where I could apply with mine.
    3A*2A6B -so pretty average. Impredicted A*AA. And applied to Bristol Cardiff Leicester Southampton

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rj2018)
    Do anyone know when the UKCAT scores are actually sent out - as in what date in November?
    Not sure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rj2018)
    they said first week of November but weren't any more specific than that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ireti)
    they said first week of November but weren't any more specific than that
    Ah okey thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baurmannt)
    I wanted to create this post to ask any students what their offers were, where they applied to, and what their qualifications are (GCSE + IB/ A level). Any responses will be helpful thank you.
    https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...d.php?t=865511

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.