Your offers for medicine Watch

baurmannt
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I wanted to create this post to ask any students what their offers were, where they applied to, and what their qualifications are (GCSE + IB/ A level). Any responses will be helpful thank you.
ireti
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
well I've applied to Nottingham and Bristol for Foundation medicine with predicted grades OF ABB so I'm just waiting on our UKCAT to get sent off and only time with tell
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
baurmannt
Rep:
?
(Original post by ireti)
well I've applied to Nottingham and Bristol for Foundation medicine with predicted grades OF ABB so I'm just waiting on our UKCAT to get sent off and only time with tell
I've been wanting to look into foundation years, how do they work, and are they harder to get into because there are less places?
ireti
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
yes they are harder to get into because of the smaller amount of spaces but you must have specific criteria as they lower the grade requirements, examples of some of the requirements may be: your school was non selective state in the bottom.40% of the uk, you are the first in your family to go to university, your family have a low income, you live in a disadvantaged area. the whole point of a foundation course in medicine is to give disadvantaged students an opportunity to study medicine so I think the requirements can be as low as BBC but you'll have to fit the requirements
ireti
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
my school isn't very good and I live in a dodgy area which is why I was able to apply for a foundation course, but I was only eledgible for Nottingham and Bristol, each school has a different set of criteria
baurmannt
Rep:
?
(Original post by ireti)
my school isn't very good and I live in a dodgy area which is why I was able to apply for a foundation course, but I was only eledgible for Nottingham and Bristol, each school has a different set of criteria
ok, thanks.
N/A IS THE NAME
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I do bio chem maths. No interviews or offers yet- i think they have until march to send out offers.
baurmannt
Rep:
?
(Original post by N/A IS THE NAME)
I do bio chem maths. No interviews or offers yet- i think they have until march to send out offers.
Where did you apply and what were your GCSE grades if you don't mind me asking? I'm in year 12 and I'm trying to figure out where I could apply with mine.
ireti
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by N/A IS THE NAME)
I do bio chem and English, I don't think they'll start giving interviews until November because that's when they send off out UKCAT
Rj2018
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Do anyone know when the UKCAT scores are actually sent out - as in what date in November?
N/A IS THE NAME
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ireti)
I do bio chem and English, I don't think they'll start giving interviews until November because that's when they send off out UKCAT
Yh. I prefer to have it later on so i have more time to prepare
N/A IS THE NAME
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by baurmannt)
Where did you apply and what were your GCSE grades if you don't mind me asking? I'm in year 12 and I'm trying to figure out where I could apply with mine.
3A*2A6B -so pretty average. Impredicted A*AA. And applied to Bristol Cardiff Leicester Southampton
N/A IS THE NAME
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Rj2018)
Do anyone know when the UKCAT scores are actually sent out - as in what date in November?
Not sure
ireti
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Rj2018)
they said first week of November but weren't any more specific than that
Rj2018
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ireti)
they said first week of November but weren't any more specific than that
Ah okey thanks.
Democracy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by baurmannt)
I wanted to create this post to ask any students what their offers were, where they applied to, and what their qualifications are (GCSE + IB/ A level). Any responses will be helpful thank you.
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...d.php?t=865511
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Mon, 7 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (52)
29.89%
No - I got the required grades (100)
57.47%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (22)
12.64%

Watched Threads