The Student Room Group

Flatmates all turned against me after wrongly being accused of stealing their vodka

So to give the back story I haven’t really been talking to my flatmates much at all because I’ve been quite busy sorting out auditions and going classes on top of doing law and visiting my girlfriend a lot so I’ve been busy travelling a lot and I’ve spent very little time with them, but we got along and everything was ok, but they probably think I’m shady since I’m rarely in the flat.
Thing is now one of my flatmates had lost their vodka bottle somehow and now I’m being accused of stealing it and the whole flat has gone against me. And their argument is that they heard people in my room even though I had no ONE round that night but I wasn’t the only one in that day either so i don’t know why they’re so adamant it was me.

How do I prove myself innocent because this is essentially bullying right now and I’ve already swapped halls earlier so will be very difficult to switch again.

Scroll to see replies

although you are in the right that does not mean that the other flatmates will support you. you need to make an effort to fit it with them. perhaps treat everyone to a drink for Hallowe'en or something ?
Original post by Juanym123
So to give the back story I haven’t really been talking to my flatmates much at all because I’ve been quite busy sorting out auditions and going classes on top of doing law and visiting my girlfriend a lot so I’ve been busy travelling a lot and I’ve spent very little time with them, but we got along and everything was ok, but they probably think I’m shady since I’m rarely in the flat.
Thing is now one of my flatmates had lost their vodka bottle somehow and now I’m being accused of stealing it and the whole flat has gone against me. And their argument is that they heard people in my room even though I had no ONE round that night but I wasn’t the only one in that day either so i don’t know why they’re so adamant it was me.

How do I prove myself innocent because this is essentially bullying right now and I’ve already swapped halls earlier so will be very difficult to switch again.

What's your alibi?
in court 80% of success is in winning over the jury by your personality. most jurors are not able to work analytically with facts & rely on their gut feelings to reach a verdict. you must do the same with your flatmates.
Original post by the bear
in court 80% of success is in winning over the jury by your personality. most jurors are not able to work analytically with facts & rely on their gut feelings to reach a verdict. you must do the same with your flatmates.

Wot

Is that really true?

I better never shoplift; I'd probably end up with the death penalty. :getmecoat:
Original post by Sabertooth
Is that really true?

I better never shoplift; I'd probably end up with the death penalty. :getmecoat:

yes.... it is never mentioned explicitly but all barristas etc know that this is true.
It's simply that you don't have the same bond with them so like when it's nominations time on big brother people find every little reason to make you the target and outcast to secure themselves I'm afraid that's you cos you're never around
yes.... it is never mentioned explicitly but all barristas etc know that this is true.

You do mean barrister right? Or have I misread entire thread?

Actually about stealing coffee vodka or something?
Original post by Salt Queen
It's simply that you don't have the same bond with them so like when it's nominations time on big brother people find every little reason to make you the target and outcast to secure themselves I'm afraid that's you cos you're never around

Yes, this is it. They're using you as a scapegoat because they have already bonded

Barrista?

(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by YaliaV
Yes, this is it. They're using you as a scapegoat because they have already bonded

😤

Original post by FranticMind
You do mean barrister right? Or have I misread entire thread?

Actually about stealing coffee vodka or something?

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
is English not your first language ?

:holmes:

Does xenophobia make your ego bigger?
Reply 13
Kidnap and ransom their parents.
Your only way of actually clearing your name at this point would be proving somebody else did it. But idk how you'd do that. Alternatives would be "admitting" you did it and offering to buy her a new one (works best with some sob story about how hard something is/was probably) or just continue as you are and hope somebody eventually goes "well wait maybe they didn't".
Imagine isolating a flat member for accusing them of stealing 1 bottle of flipping vodka with no evidence. Jesus, humans are so protective and fragile.
Reply 16
Original post by Retired_Messiah
Your only way of actually clearing your name at this point would be proving somebody else did it. But idk how you'd do that. Alternatives would be "admitting" you did it and offering to buy her a new one (works best with some sob story about how hard something is/was probably) or just continue as you are and hope somebody eventually goes "well wait maybe they didn't".

The thing is I would never ever admit to something I didn’t do specially if it was stealing something, but what actually amazes me is how when I asked not them what proof they have their actual argument is ‘we heard you and your friends in your room’ and so that obviously means one of you took it. That sounds dumb in itself but the fact I had no one round and wasn’t even in the flat is truly what’s baffling me.
Original post by Juanym123
The thing is I would never ever admit to something I didn’t do specially if it was stealing something, but what actually amazes me is how when I asked not them what proof they have their actual argument is ‘we heard you and your friends in your room’ and so that obviously means one of you took it. That sounds dumb in itself but the fact I had no one round and wasn’t even in the flat is truly what’s baffling me.

wtf did they hear then?
Reply 18
Original post by Retired_Messiah
wtf did they hear then?

Theres this girl in the room next me who always has this boy round and they’re always blasting music but they’re like the ‘big ones of the flat’ so that’s probably what they heard.... but obviously since I don’t talk to them I’m the easy target
Reply 19
Original post by GovernmentEarner
Imagine isolating a flat member for accusing them of stealing 1 bottle of flipping vodka with no evidence. Jesus, humans are so protective and fragile.

😂 literally

Quick Reply

Latest