Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Flatmates all turned against me after wrongly being accused of stealing their vodka Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juanym123)
    The thing is I would never ever admit to something I didn’t do specially if it was stealing something, but what actually amazes me is how when I asked not them what proof they have their actual argument is ‘we heard you and your friends in your room’ and so that obviously means one of you took it. That sounds dumb in itself but the fact I had no one round and wasn’t even in the flat is truly what’s baffling me.
    Then ask which friend then? cus you say you had no-one in your room so tell them that

ReputationRep:
    So to give the back story I haven’t really been talking to my flatmates much at all because I’ve been quite busy sorting out auditions and going classes on top of doing law and visiting my girlfriend a lot so I’ve been busy travelling a lot and I’ve spent very little time with them, but we got along and everything was ok, but they probably think I’m shady since I’m rarely in the flat.
    Thing is now one of my flatmates had lost their vodka bottle somehow and now I’m being accused of stealing it and the whole flat has gone against me. And their argument is that they heard people in my room even though I had no ONE round that night but I wasn’t the only one in that day either so i don’t know why they’re so adamant it was me.

How do I prove myself innocent because this is essentially bullying right now and I’ve already swapped halls earlier so will be very difficult to switch again.
    Either try to be friendly with them then they might trust you more or if they are ganging up and continue to try bullying you
    Tell them to **** off. As long as you can eat and sleep in your accommodation you can make friends from societies etc that wil at least respect you.

ReputationRep:
    You say you weren’t there were where you? Do you have evidence about not being there movie stub, receipt, train ticket, car park ticket. All those things are date and time stamped.
    Honestly though if they’re that petty about nothing when they don’t even know you I’d just leave it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Disney-girl)
    You say you weren’t there were where you? Do you have evidence about not being there movie stub, receipt, train ticket, car park ticket. All those things are date and time stamped.
    Honestly though if they’re that petty about nothing when they don’t even know you I’d just leave it.
    I have a photo on my phone and that has a time stamp but that’s literally it, and they’re so certain they heard ‘noises and voices’ in my room and that’s like all the evidence they need to know it was 100% me 😂 I’m actually mind blown

ReputationRep:
    They are picking on you move out
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    White people...

ReputationRep:
    I have a photo on my phone and that has a time stamp but that’s literally it, and they’re so certain they heard ‘noises and voices’ in my room and that’s like all the evidence they need to know it was 100% me 😂 I’m actually mind blown
    Noise can travel easily so it's stupid to assume it was you unless they went up against your door. I'm also a bit isolationist so if something happened I'd say they have bonded enough to blame me. Don't just admit it and buy a new one though, that will only make them think you are guilty and will blame you in the future. Someone may take advantage of this and steal the vodka again.
    What has most likely happened though is that they got too pissed to remember drinking the bottle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bio 7)
    Noise can travel easily so it's stupid to assume it was you unless they went up against your door. I'm also a bit isolationist so if something happened I'd say they have bonded enough to blame me. Don't just admit it and buy a new one though, that will only make them think you are guilty and will blame you in the future. Someone may take advantage of this and steal the vodka again.
    What has most likely happened though is that they got too pissed to remember drinking the bottle.
    Jokes you say that cuz one of my flatmates Fanta or whatever all got stolen the other day and guess who got the blame again 😂 😂 I acc cba

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.