Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I have a couple of questions about applying for a Postgraduate loan for a masters course. If i apply for the full amount of loan am i likely to receive the full amount or are there any factors that will influence how much i receive? Also will it make a difference whether i live with my parents or alone?

Thanks in advance
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soph_Hann)
    Hi

I have a couple of questions about applying for a Postgraduate loan for a masters course. If i apply for the full amount of loan am i likely to receive the full amount or are there any factors that will influence how much i receive? Also will it make a difference whether i live with my parents or alone?

Thanks in advance
    Hi Soph_Hann,

The Postgraduate Loan (PGL) is non-means tested, so if you are eligible and going to be studying on an eligible course you would be able to apply for the maximum amount if required.

Where or who you live with does not affect your entitlement.

More details about what funding will be available for the 2018/19 PGL will be released nearer application launch in the summer.

Regards,

Stuart

ReputationRep:
    HelloIs it possible to consult my eligibility (like residency/nationality requirement) for the 2018/19 postgraduate loan before the application becomes available in the summer? My case is a bit complex, because I moved around between countries and I don't know if that would prevent me from getting the loan or not. I already have an offer for the Master's programme (deferred admission).Thank you
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soph_Hann)
    Hi

Thanks in advance
    Hi Soph_Hann,

When applying for Postgraduate Loan we do not factor in anything that influences the amount, PGL is a set amount of £10,280.00 that all students are entitled to as long as the course is a funded course and you meet the residency criteria.

Thanks

Catherine

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.