The Student Room Group

Should I drop out of A levels?

Hi,
So I have been thinking A LOT recently and reading different threads about the topics. At AS I achieved CDEU in my subjects and dropped the subject I got a U in. Looking back now I should of retook the year at a different sixth form but at the time I didn't think of that option. I am now struggling with A level and trying to revisit all the topics from last year, although my grades so far have not seen any improvement. I was wondering would it be more worth my time to start an apprenticeship, or open university? See I am interested in neuroscience and currently study Chemistry Biology and Psychology, I just don't want to get to A level results day and feel the same disappointment, as well as knowing I could of done something to fix the problem sooner. If possible I would love to get the grades and go to University but with how it is going right now I am not sure if that is possible.
Thanks in advance!
Original post by lilafernim
Hi,
So I have been thinking A LOT recently and reading different threads about the topics. At AS I achieved CDEU in my subjects and dropped the subject I got a U in. Looking back now I should of retook the year at a different sixth form but at the time I didn't think of that option. I am now struggling with A level and trying to revisit all the topics from last year, although my grades so far have not seen any improvement. I was wondering would it be more worth my time to start an apprenticeship, or open university? See I am interested in neuroscience and currently study Chemistry Biology and Psychology, I just don't want to get to A level results day and feel the same disappointment, as well as knowing I could of done something to fix the problem sooner. If possible I would love to get the grades and go to University but with how it is going right now I am not sure if that is possible.
Thanks in advance!

There are some good apprenticeship schemes out there and it's definitely worth considering. However I don't know if there are any in the field you are looking for...

Maybe apply to a few schemes you are interested in and that'll give you the chance to ask all your questions. If you're lucky enough to get an interview, they may even tell you something you didn't realise about the scheme.

I'm on an engineering apprenticeship, a bit different to the area you're looking for, but if you've any questions just let me know :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest