Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have just passed the Devonshire pub studio. I went through the place in July, the guy was shouting at me with big money portfolio packages which I luckily couldnt afford but still got caught up with them.

I stopped trying to call their "head office", went to my bank and trying to recover the money, charge back or something.

Be extremely careful and avoid!!!

ReputationRep:
    So I’ve been looking into a lot of modelling agencies lately and seeing some reviews and questions that mainly ask “is this an authentic agency or is this a scam?”.

So I though I’ll help answer your question. I’ve experienced two model agency scams one from ‘M0del Agency’, held in Birmingham. Then I was conned by ‘The Studio Works’ which is a liaison to ‘Icon Fashion Models’ previously known as ‘Blackout Studio’ and ‘London Fashion Models’ and has recently changed its name again to ‘Runaway Models’.

This August I recently went to London to try and get my confidence back as it was lost from a previous scam a year ago. I thought at least one more try with a bit of hope would do me some good but, I was wrong.

I arrived at this small spacing above a pub in Marylebone, London. The atmosphere seemed realistic this time which made me feel less anxious. The staff were very nice and helpful but it just seemed too tight of a spacing to be a studio, but I wasn’t bothered by that.

After doing a shooting in and out the studio I was informed that I had been accepted. I was overjoyed but then last years experience came trembling down into my thoughts.

The lady was giving me details and agencies they apparently work with, how I could earn £1,500 for my first two shoots then go up to £3,000 and more though each job I get.

I was believing and being pulled in and in feeling dead excited until I saw the prices that were £1000-6000 there was no way I could afford that and asked for something cheaper.

The only other options I had was £500-£800 just for the photos. I took one look at my aunt and was upset, the woman who conned us was very good at feeding us dreams after dreams. She deserves an A* in acting.

My aunt gave me £950 for the online portfolio, this also included our £50 deposit so £1000 altogether. I felt so terrible as it was a lot to pay and there was no way I could pay it back.

However I was receiving phone calls a week later from a man named Tegan Richards who seemed lovely and helped me with getting an aftercare agent, Dollie Daniels.

It was going very swell, and I felt really positive, she asked me for my measurements and I thought “omg this is actually happening”.

Spoken too soon as it started becoming silent. Phone appointments were missed, she didn’t call me on the days that were booked. I emailed her to find out what was going on. She gave me the excuse of “phone lines were down” so I thought “okay...”. But it kept on happening until I heard nothing. She booked two days for an appointment and I heard nothing. So I decide to email her once more to find out what’s going on, only to receive an automatic email back saying she’s left the job.

I thought, this is absolutely ridiculous so I phoned Tegan and Icon Fashion Models heard no answer until Tegan phoned me back and informed me someone should be getting me another agent this week and to expect a phone call. That was three weeks ago, I’ve heard still nothing.

Since then there’s been more and more bad reviews and I find out the same scammer Matthew who owns the scamming agency “London Fashion Models”. That’s when I found out Icon Fashion Models was once known as London Fashion Models. I had been scammed once again, but I’m NOT going to let this get the better of me and I’m claiming my aunts money back!

I also thought to post this so everyone can see how these scammers work and for you not to get trapped. I foolishly believed in this agency after seeing positive reviews and Calum Best in their studio. Only to find out he’s not with them, it wouldn’t surprise me if they have scammed him in order to make the agency look realistic.

Here’s a list of fake agencies that will prevent you from being scammed like I was.

• Runaway Models (LFM/ IFM)
    • The Studio Works
    • M0del Agency
    • BlackBerry Models
    • Apple Models
    • UK Models
    • Luxe Models
    • TT Models
    • Orange Models
    • Baby Models UK
    • Adora
    • Model Mode Agency (MMA)
    • The Model Advisers

Beware of new agencies, you’ll mostly find they were previously known as something else but changed their name due to being caught out. These fake agencies tend to promote through Instagram and Facebook.

Model scammers are very good at convincing you to empty your pocket and they are improving more and more. Don’t make it easy for them.

This lady who describes her experience of London Fashion Models is the exact same as my experience with The Studio Works. Only me and my aunt fell for it. Http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4722238

Don’t believe what you see, it’s not always true. Model scamming websites often use the exact same description. “We have 14/15 years of experience”.

If you get pulled in, escape fast get your money back and report them to the police. (Apologies for making this long to read).
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by BlissfulEyes)
    So I’ve been looking into a lot of modelling agencies lately and seeing some reviews and questions that mainly ask “is this an authentic agency or is this a scam?”.

So I though I’ll help answer your question. I’ve experienced two model agency scams one from ‘M0del Agency’, held in Birmingham. Then I was conned by ‘The Studio Works’ which is a liaison to ‘Icon Fashion Models’ previously known as ‘Blackout Studio’ and ‘London Fashion Models’ and has recently changed its name again to ‘Runaway Models’.

This August I recently went to London to try and get my confidence back as it was lost from a previous scam a year ago. I thought at least one more try with a bit of hope would do me some good but, I was wrong.

I arrived at this small spacing above a pub in Marylebone, London. The atmosphere seemed realistic this time which made me feel less anxious. The staff were very nice and helpful but it just seemed too tight of a spacing to be a studio, but I wasn’t bothered by that.

After doing a shooting in and out the studio I was informed that I had been accepted. I was overjoyed but then last years experience came trembling down into my thoughts.

The lady was giving me details and agencies they apparently work with, how I could earn £1,500 for my first two shoots then go up to £3,000 and more though each job I get.

I was believing and being pulled in and in feeling dead excited until I saw the prices that were £1000-6000 there was no way I could afford that and asked for something cheaper.

The only other options I had was £500-£800 just for the photos. I took one look at my aunt and was upset, the woman who conned us was very good at feeding us dreams after dreams. She deserves an A* in acting.

My aunt gave me £950 for the online portfolio, this also included our £50 deposit so £1000 altogether. I felt so terrible as it was a lot to pay and there was no way I could pay it back.

However I was receiving phone calls a week later from a man named Tegan Richards who seemed lovely and helped me with getting an aftercare agent, Dollie Daniels.

It was going very swell, and I felt really positive, she asked me for my measurements and I thought “omg this is actually happening”.

Spoken too soon as it started becoming silent. Phone appointments were missed, she didn’t call me on the days that were booked. I emailed her to find out what was going on. She gave me the excuse of “phone lines were down” so I thought “okay...”. But it kept on happening until I heard nothing. She booked two days for an appointment and I heard nothing. So I decide to email her once more to find out what’s going on, only to receive an automatic email back saying she’s left the job.

I thought, this is absolutely ridiculous so I phoned Tegan and Icon Fashion Models heard no answer until Tegan phoned me back and informed me someone should be getting me another agent this week and to expect a phone call. That was three weeks ago, I’ve heard still nothing.

Since then there’s been more and more bad reviews and I find out the same scammer Matthew who owns the scamming agency “London Fashion Models”. That’s when I found out Icon Fashion Models was once known as London Fashion Models. I had been scammed once again, but I’m NOT going to let this get the better of me and I’m claiming my aunts money back!

I also thought to post this so everyone can see how these scammers work and for you not to get trapped. I foolishly believed in this agency after seeing positive reviews and Calum Best in their studio. Only to find out he’s not with them, it wouldn’t surprise me if they have scammed him in order to make the agency look realistic.

Here’s a list of fake agencies that will prevent you from being scammed like I was.

• Runaway Models (LFM/ IFM)
    • The Studio Works
    • M0del Agency
    • BlackBerry Models
    • Apple Models
    • UK Models
    • Luxe Models
    • TT Models
    • Orange Models
    • Baby Models UK
    • Adora
    • Model Mode Agency (MMA)
    • The Model Advisers

Beware of new agencies, you’ll mostly find they were previously known as something else but changed their name due to being caught out. These fake agencies tend to promote through Instagram and Facebook.

Model scammers are very good at convincing you to empty your pocket and they are improving more and more. Don’t make it easy for them.

This lady who describes her experience of London Fashion Models is the exact same as my experience with The Studio Works. Only me and my aunt fell for it. Http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4722238

Don’t believe what you see, it’s not always true. Model scamming websites often use the exact same description. “We have 14/15 years of experience”.

If you get pulled in, escape fast get your money back and report them to the police. (Apologies for making this long to read).
    Think this is a good thread for people out there who could be approached. It's surprising how many of these companies are out there.

You should also check out this thread which has a lot more replies.
    https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4722238

ReputationRep:
    Tell me more....

ReputationRep:
    I'm a model at an agency in London if any of you need any info don't hesitate to DM me but I'll put a bit of advice out.

DON'T PAY MONEY TO THESE PHOTO STUDIOS.

The majority of these places are scams and they claim they will make you a model but don't guarantee anything.

If you really want to get involved in this industry (which isn't always as glamorous as it claims to be), go to a reputable agency. They will have a section of the website where you can send in photos of yourself or book a 'walk-in' appointment.

You never need professional photographs, just simple profile and full-length photos with your smartphone or a camera you might have at home.

And whatever will be will come from that. These agencies will give you advice and literally tell you straight up if they want you or not.

Please remember though, modelling is not easy. Countless castings trecking across London just to get rejected straight away. Hours non stop wearing different outfits under bright light. It's not always easy.

But it can be good and the opportunities can be fantastic.

Please dm me if you need any help

ReputationRep:
    THE STUDIO WORKS is a scam! I can`t believe how is it possible to happen! So many people have been lied and The studio works continue to lie every day new and new people. I have singed a contract with a "viewer" Mia Viewer(!) and she said the contract includes 5 castings per month (golden package) for 12 months. She repeated with excitement so many times that she guarantees my success and my job. THE STUDIO WORKS has never responded my emails; very rarely someone has answered on the phone. They have never given to me any specific and detailed information about the next step; they were only repeating I need to wait, it will take time... The studio works had sent me my ''website'', 15 min after my first visit to their Head office where I went to check why they don't respond to me. When I saw this website, I realised that there is no any connection between my website and The studio works; it hangs on in the middle of the nowhere. In the website of the agency you can't find any models; there are only few pictures without names and contacts. My photos are still not there...! The studio works has nothing to do with the modelling! I will make any efforts to take MY MONEY BACK. I NEVER GIVE UP!

ReputationRep:
    I went to Apple models back in 2015 and my parents ended up not realising it was a scam and wasted over £1000. Including £250 each for train tickets . After this we got in touch and no one seemed to help then they began ignoring phone calls also they sent out letters of another modelling agency that wanted to take me on but we didn’t contact as it was most definitely another way of taking our money. Just don’t get in touch with any of these . I think Apple models has now changed to orange models.

ReputationRep:
    Did you manage to get your money back because I've had the exact same experience as you except I paid £2500. They won't answer any calls or emails

ReputationRep:
    Well by reading your comment I think I just got scammed. I paid £800 to The Studio Works and it appears as Miller Reeves on my bank statement. The postcode is W1G 6DD... I truly hope Im wrong.You guys that are more practical with technology should make this time of information more accessible to people that are not! Facebook,Instagram Google search..just publish their name on the web with a big SCAM near.!!! They are giving hope to people and then they crush it!!!There has to be a way to stop them!!

ReputationRep:
    The name now is NOIR 41. W1G 6DD. And I just got scammed from what I read ...

ReputationRep:
    No hun, they didn't answer my calls or emails and I tried several numbers and email addresses. My aunt recently contacted her bank and they stated that unless they haven't followed the contract, then we cannot receive our money back. They provided me with the website and photos but also included on the contract was agency listing to which has not been provided. We are still looking for away of getting our money back as we have a certain amount of days to get all the evidence we can. Trouble is these types of scammers are smart and know what they're doing. It's actually quite sad how they can get away with it, banks these days seem to go by contracts and if the company has fulfilled them. All I can say now is try and contact your bank and maybe the police, you'll often notice all these scam companies are connected and owned by the same man. Mathew - https://londonfashionmodel.blogspot....ing-q.html?m=1 (The guy in the image, doesn't provide a second name).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nora G)
    Well by reading your comment I think I just got scammed. I paid £800 to The Studio Works and it appears as Miller Reeves on my bank statement. The postcode is W1G 6DD... I truly hope Im wrong.You guys that are more practical with technology should make this time of information more accessible to people that are not! Facebook,Instagram Google search..just publish their name on the web with a big SCAM near.!!! They are giving hope to people and then they crush it!!!There has to be a way to stop them!!
    There has been Facebook pages about these scammers, however once they've been found out they get scared and change their name. Studio Works was previously known another name, but they're still connected to London Fashion Models, or shall I say 'Runaway Models' as they've changed their name again. As for the postcode W1G 6DD...Marylebone, London, that's were I was scammed however, they also have a place in Oxford Street too. Miller Reeves, that's a Tax Planning Ltd, the name that showed up on my aunts bank account was 'Black Rose Collections'.

ReputationRep:
    Yes that's right...they have one on Oxford street as well... We should print hundreds of flyers saying these thungs and put then on every wall in Oxford street and London. Disgusting *******s

ReputationRep:
    Around 2 years ago my niece went to Apple models and my sister ended up losing over £1000 thinking it weren’t a scam. She never ended up getting the money back either as they wouldn’t answer phone calls. I think it’s a disgrace, don’t understand how they think it’s okay to do this to people. Especially when my sister wasted her hard earned money.

ReputationRep:
    Hi could you message me it’s just happened to my friend she would love to speak to you

ReputationRep:
    To also include, the agency 'Icon Fashion Models' now known as 'Runaway Models' just phoned me and told me that I had been 'short listed' I mentioned about their previous name and they declined any knowledge. I said "I have been scammed by your company before, you promised me jobs and you gave me nothing" to which he replied "well we can offer you another photo shoot and portfolio" which made me reply "yes, but i'm guessing i have to pay for that as well?" and he said yes. What an absolute joke! I literally hung up, their so fake it's unreal. So, you scammed be once, you really want to try again but with another name? Mate, I've upped my game.

ReputationRep:
    why do you all seem so desperate to become models

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by study beats)
    why do you all seem so desperate to become models
    We're not all 'desperate' to become models, I personally did it for a confidence boost and for the experience. However, most people are actually aspiring to become models.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlissfulEyes)
    We're not all 'desperate' to become models, I personally did it for a confidence boost and for the experience. However, most people are actually aspiring to become models.
    most people aren't

do you have a massive ego or something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by study beats)
    most people aren't

do you have a massive ego or something
    I understand you, most people aren't aspiring and are desperate. But you put 'you all seem'. So, I was just saying basically not all people are and to answer your question no, I don't.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.