Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I’ve been looking into a lot of modelling agencies lately and seeing some reviews and questions that mainly ask “is this an authentic agency or is this a scam?”.

So I though I’ll help answer your question. I’ve experienced two model agency scams one from ‘M0del Agency’, held in Birmingham. Then I was conned by ‘The Studio Works’ which is a liaison to ‘Icon Fashion Models’ previously known as ‘Blackout Studio’ and ‘London Fashion Models’ and has recently changed its name again to ‘Runaway Models’.

This August I recently went to London to try and get my confidence back as it was lost from a previous scam a year ago. I thought at least one more try with a bit of hope would do me some good but, I was wrong.

I arrived at this small spacing above a pub in Marylebone, London. The atmosphere seemed realistic this time which made me feel less anxious. The staff were very nice and helpful but it just seemed too tight of a spacing to be a studio, but I wasn’t bothered by that.

After doing a shooting in and out the studio I was informed that I had been accepted. I was overjoyed but then last years experience came trembling down into my thoughts.

The lady was giving me details and agencies they apparently work with, how I could earn £1,500 for my first two shoots then go up to £3,000 and more though each job I get.

I was believing and being pulled in and in feeling dead excited until I saw the prices that were £1000-6000 there was no way I could afford that and asked for something cheaper.

The only other options I had was £500-£800 just for the photos. I took one look at my aunt and was upset, the woman who conned us was very good at feeding us dreams after dreams. She deserves an A* in acting.

My aunt gave me £950 for the online portfolio, this also included our £50 deposit so £1000 altogether. I felt so terrible as it was a lot to pay and there was no way I could pay it back.

However I was receiving phone calls a week later from a man named Tegan Richards who seemed lovely and helped me with getting an aftercare agent, Dollie Daniels.

It was going very swell, and I felt really positive, she asked me for my measurements and I thought “omg this is actually happening”.

Spoken too soon as it started becoming silent. Phone appointments were missed, she didn’t call me on the days that were booked. I emailed her to find out what was going on. She gave me the excuse of “phone lines were down” so I thought “okay...”. But it kept on happening until I heard nothing. She booked two days for an appointment and I heard nothing. So I decide to email her once more to find out what’s going on, only to receive an automatic email back saying she’s left the job.

I thought, this is absolutely ridiculous so I phoned Tegan and Icon Fashion Models heard no answer until Tegan phoned me back and informed me someone should be getting me another agent this week and to expect a phone call. That was three weeks ago, I’ve heard still nothing.

Since then there’s been more and more bad reviews and I find out the same scammer Matthew who owns the scamming agency “London Fashion Models”. That’s when I found out Icon Fashion Models was once known as London Fashion Models. I had been scammed once again, but I’m NOT going to let this get the better of me and I’m claiming my aunts money back!

I also thought to post this so everyone can see how these scammers work and for you not to get trapped. I foolishly believed in this agency after seeing positive reviews and Calum Best in their studio. Only to find out he’s not with them, it wouldn’t surprise me if they have scammed him in order to make the agency look realistic.

Here’s a list of fake agencies that will prevent you from being scammed like I was.

• Runaway Models (LFM/ IFM)
    • The Studio Works
    • M0del Agency
    • BlackBerry Models
    • Apple Models
    • UK Models
    • Luxe Models
    • TT Models
    • Orange Models
    • Baby Models UK
    • Adora
    • Model Mode Agency (MMA)
    • The Model Advisers

Beware of new agencies, you’ll mostly find they were previously known as something else but changed their name due to being caught out. These fake agencies tend to promote through Instagram and Facebook.

Model scammers are very good at convincing you to empty your pocket and they are improving more and more. Don’t make it easy for them.

This lady who describes her experience of London Fashion Models is the exact same as my experience with The Studio Works. Only me and my aunt fell for it. Http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4722238

Don’t believe what you see, it’s not always true. Model scamming websites often use the exact same description. “We have 14/15 years of experience”.

If you get pulled in, escape fast get your money back and report them to the police. (Apologies for making this long to read).
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlissfulEyes)
    So I’ve been looking into a lot of modelling agencies lately and seeing some reviews and questions that mainly ask “is this an authentic agency or is this a scam?”.

So I though I’ll help answer your question. I’ve experienced two model agency scams one from ‘M0del Agency’, held in Birmingham. Then I was conned by ‘The Studio Works’ which is a liaison to ‘Icon Fashion Models’ previously known as ‘Blackout Studio’ and ‘London Fashion Models’ and has recently changed its name again to ‘Runaway Models’.

This August I recently went to London to try and get my confidence back as it was lost from a previous scam a year ago. I thought at least one more try with a bit of hope would do me some good but, I was wrong.

I arrived at this small spacing above a pub in Marylebone, London. The atmosphere seemed realistic this time which made me feel less anxious. The staff were very nice and helpful but it just seemed too tight of a spacing to be a studio, but I wasn’t bothered by that.

After doing a shooting in and out the studio I was informed that I had been accepted. I was overjoyed but then last years experience came trembling down into my thoughts.

The lady was giving me details and agencies they apparently work with, how I could earn £1,500 for my first two shoots then go up to £3,000 and more though each job I get.

I was believing and being pulled in and in feeling dead excited until I saw the prices that were £1000-6000 there was no way I could afford that and asked for something cheaper.

The only other options I had was £500-£800 just for the photos. I took one look at my aunt and was upset, the woman who conned us was very good at feeding us dreams after dreams. She deserves an A* in acting.

My aunt gave me £950 for the online portfolio, this also included our £50 deposit so £1000 altogether. I felt so terrible as it was a lot to pay and there was no way I could pay it back.

However I was receiving phone calls a week later from a man named Tegan Richards who seemed lovely and helped me with getting an aftercare agent, Dollie Daniels.

It was going very swell, and I felt really positive, she asked me for my measurements and I thought “omg this is actually happening”.

Spoken too soon as it started becoming silent. Phone appointments were missed, she didn’t call me on the days that were booked. I emailed her to find out what was going on. She gave me the excuse of “phone lines were down” so I thought “okay...”. But it kept on happening until I heard nothing. She booked two days for an appointment and I heard nothing. So I decide to email her once more to find out what’s going on, only to receive an automatic email back saying she’s left the job.

I thought, this is absolutely ridiculous so I phoned Tegan and Icon Fashion Models heard no answer until Tegan phoned me back and informed me someone should be getting me another agent this week and to expect a phone call. That was three weeks ago, I’ve heard still nothing.

Since then there’s been more and more bad reviews and I find out the same scammer Matthew who owns the scamming agency “London Fashion Models”. That’s when I found out Icon Fashion Models was once known as London Fashion Models. I had been scammed once again, but I’m NOT going to let this get the better of me and I’m claiming my aunts money back!

I also thought to post this so everyone can see how these scammers work and for you not to get trapped. I foolishly believed in this agency after seeing positive reviews and Calum Best in their studio. Only to find out he’s not with them, it wouldn’t surprise me if they have scammed him in order to make the agency look realistic.

Here’s a list of fake agencies that will prevent you from being scammed like I was.

• Runaway Models (LFM/ IFM)
    • The Studio Works
    • M0del Agency
    • BlackBerry Models
    • Apple Models
    • UK Models
    • Luxe Models
    • TT Models
    • Orange Models
    • Baby Models UK
    • Adora
    • Model Mode Agency (MMA)
    • The Model Advisers

Beware of new agencies, you’ll mostly find they were previously known as something else but changed their name due to being caught out. These fake agencies tend to promote through Instagram and Facebook.

Model scammers are very good at convincing you to empty your pocket and they are improving more and more. Don’t make it easy for them.

This lady who describes her experience of London Fashion Models is the exact same as my experience with The Studio Works. Only me and my aunt fell for it. Http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4722238

Don’t believe what you see, it’s not always true. Model scamming websites often use the exact same description. “We have 14/15 years of experience”.

If you get pulled in, escape fast get your money back and report them to the police. (Apologies for making this long to read).
    Think this is a good thread for people out there who could be approached. It's surprising how many of these companies are out there.

You should also check out this thread which has a lot more replies.
    https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4722238

ReputationRep:
    I'm a model at an agency in London if any of you need any info don't hesitate to DM me but I'll put a bit of advice out.

DON'T PAY MONEY TO THESE PHOTO STUDIOS.

The majority of these places are scams and they claim they will make you a model but don't guarantee anything.

If you really want to get involved in this industry (which isn't always as glamorous as it claims to be), go to a reputable agency. They will have a section of the website where you can send in photos of yourself or book a 'walk-in' appointment.

You never need professional photographs, just simple profile and full-length photos with your smartphone or a camera you might have at home.

And whatever will be will come from that. These agencies will give you advice and literally tell you straight up if they want you or not.

Please remember though, modelling is not easy. Countless castings trecking across London just to get rejected straight away. Hours non stop wearing different outfits under bright light. It's not always easy.

But it can be good and the opportunities can be fantastic.

Please dm me if you need any help

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.