Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Life of a "top" student - Failure *story time* Watch

ReputationRep:
    So basically I am considered to be one of the top 3 students of my school according to our grades etc. Therefore I am a flag holder which is something that students "fight" for in my country.Nevertheless I don't seem to get along with physics. Seriously. Many students would say that I am so good that I cant say that my marks are bad. However, being at the last class of my school before applying to a medical school is hard. Harder than I expected. Especially when it comes to physics. Anw, so we had this test. I did study but not at my max since I had loads of other things to do i.e afternoon a levels lessons, IELTS etc. It didn't go well. Like, I never stop during a test but I really didn't know anything (I had a panic attack afterwards-mixed feelings everything was going bad at that point of my life). Today we got our tests back. It was a 9/20 (45/100) the lowest mark I've ever got. I was actually kind of chill and cool because I knew I didn't have the opportunity to give my best and my teacher understood it so I made fun of it to relieve my stress. However, a "not so good student" X, turned and told me "Wow you got a 9?" *laughing* . I was like "Yes. Why? Can't I fail?" and he goes "Eh, no you are supposed to be one of the top students". This really hurt my feelings tbh. I dont talk about it most of the times but it did. I knew my failure and I was terrified because medicine REQUIRES specific marks or else you are out. I've been really sad the last days because of how dissapointed I was about myself. I do loads of things and my marks fell. This is my final year and I NEED to keep them up. It's just so tiring. Everyone expects you to be perfect and flowless but I am a human and it hurts not being "good enough"..
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    a) Pat on the back.
    b) Hug a Teddy bear.
    c) Hug me.
    d) Eat ice cream
    e) Suck it up, people say mean things all the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nyimane)
    a) Pat on the back.
    b) Hug a Teddy bear.
    c) Hug me.
    d) Eat ice cream
    e) Suck it up, people say mean things all the time.
    haha..thanks❤️

ReputationRep:
    Keep a stiff upper lip and carry on.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 30, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.