The Student Room Group

CBSE Indian Applicant--need details about our English course!

One of my UCAS universities wrote back to me asking what Engish course I was taking. So I'm doing the CBSE English Elective for commerce (the one w/ Silas Marner for long reading). Is this "English Core or English Language and Literature?" Google search seems to imply that its called Functional English, and as far as I can see there doesn't seem to be a course called "English Language and Literature." So when I write back, what should I say my course is?
Original post by kiran2510
One of my UCAS universities wrote back to me asking what Engish course I was taking. So I'm doing the CBSE English Elective for commerce (the one w/ Silas Marner for long reading). Is this "English Core or English Language and Literature?" Google search seems to imply that its called Functional English, and as far as I can see there doesn't seem to be a course called "English Language and Literature." So when I write back, what should I say my course is?

You really need to speak to your school/college to find out the exact details. Don't guess

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending