Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    If you're anything like me, you'll constantly have a ridiculously long list of books you're wanting to read, and no way near enough to read all of them anytime soon. I tend to prioritise, and usually have something top of the list that I want to read next :love:

Do you tend to have a short 'to-read' list, or a really long one like me? And what's topping your list right now for what to read next? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    After I finish out the semester I'm going to read, "Democracy in America" by Alexis de Tocqueville and, "The Prince" by Machiavelli. If I get through with those quick enough I think I'll pick up, "A Monetary History of The United States" by Dr. Milton Friedman. If not I'll have to wait until the summer.

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna read Veronica decides to die by Paulo Coelho
    I love his book

ReputationRep:
    Neverending list. I have books stacked up around the house. most of them are work related I guess so I don't have much chance to do fiction etc, though I have got a load of stuff on the Easter Rising and the IRA that I'm working through.

ReputationRep:
    I put the names of all the books I'm yet to read in a jar (there's at least 20!) and pick them randomly, so I make sure I read any books I keep putting off. Today I started reading One of Us is Lying by Karen McManus which I have wanted to read for ages!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stressedpotato)
    I put the names of all the books I'm yet to read in a jar (there's at least 20!) and pick them randomly, so I make sure I read any books I keep putting off. Today I started reading One of Us is Lying by Karen McManus which I have wanted to read for ages!
    That's actually such a good idea! I might have to set up my own jar at some point, that's a really neat way of keeping it random :gah:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I would like to read Paper Towns by John Green, but I have 2 bookshelves full in my bedroom so I have plenty to read anyway!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurawatt)
    I would like to read Paper Towns by John Green, but I have 2 bookshelves full in my bedroom so I have plenty to read anyway!
    Ooo good call, that's a really good book in my view!
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    The annoying myriad of books and articles I have to read for my degree and essay. :shakecane:
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

Too many books...

Das Kapital- Karl Marx

The Human Condition- Hannah Arendt

Eleven Minutes- Paulo Coelho

Not sure which one yet though
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Too many to remember and growing, hence the reason I started my goodreads account I think I have 20+ so far <sobs>

I'd like to read these books though
    Spoiler:
    Show

Thirteen Reasons Why
    The Power of Six
    Fangirl
    Mockingjay
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Iti s a lot, there are so many novels I would love to read as soon as possible:

In times of pest and cholera by Marquez
    One hudred years of solitude by Marquez
    The count of Monte Christo by Dumas
    The name of the Rose by Eco
    The Trial by Kafka
    The grapes of wrath by Steinbeck

Hope so to read one of the named them during the christmas time.

ReputationRep:
    I've just ordered Nagarjunian Disputations from Abebooks. Might be useful for my thesis but if not it'll at least be a nice read.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.