Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    How did you guys find the exam ? Let's start discussing what we wrote and didn't please . Feel free to write anything ? Can we talk about the first question and everything lol
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Bears bears bears

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't find alot of points in summary : (

ReputationRep:
    I think Question 1 was okay.
    For Question 2, I wrote that the overall effect was to show Leo's lack of experience and appreciation of the forest. So the first paragraph was showing how he was an outsider in the forest and the forest was hostile towards him, and in the second one, he initially described the forest as beautiful when he was viewing it in terms of civilization, but then described it as grey later on.
    Question 3 is my worst question, and for this one it was especially difficult to find summary points.

ReputationRep:
    What did u write for the third and first point of question one , I'm a bit confused and also for the 15 points lol , I, curious

ReputationRep:
    For the first point I made up some ******** about how you've got to outsmart bears and stay down wind and stuff, and for the third I put that the bear was interested in their food and then Damien shot the bear.
    I found it really hard to get the 15 points, so I made up even more BS for that one. For example, I put that a reason why teddy bears are popular is because they're traditional.

ReputationRep:
    I'm glad to see that other people found the summary points difficult too though, maybe that means they'll lower the grade boundaries

ReputationRep:
    I thought we had to put five points for each part , that scares the hell out of me lol, and idk overall I found it difficult to grasp points , what about writers effect , what did u choose for the second paragraph and what did u write lol

ReputationRep:
    guys i found question 1 and 2 hard .....the 15 points were easy to find but i didnt have time to finish the summary cuz question 1 took so long to understand.... also the insert was LEO's perspective not damians do i got confused and had to change everything... this has to be the hardest english exam so far

ReputationRep:
    whats th exam about have it next

ReputationRep:
    Did u guys choose glitters in writers effect , if u did , what did U write

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sammysammy99)
    did u guys choose glitters in writers effect , if u did , what did u write
    whats the exam about?

ReputationRep:
    English igcse

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sammysammy99)
    english igcse
    paper 1 whats it about so i can revise x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.