Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Gap Year Volunteering after leaving school for a year? HELP! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi there! I have done a lot of research on the charity Project Trust and have decided I would like to go ahead with it! I do have some doubts if I am eligible though.. on their website it says you need to 17-19 and not have left school more than two years ago. I fit into this category, I'm 18 and left school a year ago. I am currently studying highers I wasn't able to do in school at my local college. They have accepted my application and am about to book myself onto selection, however I am doubting if my circumstances will still leave me eligible to go overseas when the time comes as I will be 19. I'm scared to ask Project Trust myself as I would be upset if they told me themselves I couldn't go... Could anyone shed any light on this? Do you know anyone who has had a similar experience? Any help would be brilliant. Thanks.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Stitchy1999)
    Hi there! I have done a lot of research on the charity Project Trust and have decided I would like to go ahead with it! I do have some doubts if I am eligible though.. on their website it says you need to 17-19 and not have left school more than two years ago. I fit into this category, I'm 18 and left school a year ago. I am currently studying highers I wasn't able to do in school at my local college. They have accepted my application and am about to book myself onto selection, however I am doubting if my circumstances will still leave me eligible to go overseas when the time comes as I will be 19. I'm scared to ask Project Trust myself as I would be upset if they told me themselves I couldn't go... Could anyone shed any light on this? Do you know anyone who has had a similar experience? Any help would be brilliant. Thanks.
    17-19 is inclusive of both 17 and 19, so your age will still be fine. Well done for your application being accepted and hope your selection stage goes well!

ReputationRep:
    Yes you are fine and within the age limit. I'm sure there is always flexibility with this too. Also it is better to ask questions now as it is better to find things out rather than come across any problems in the future. Just looking at Project Trust reviews it looks a fantastic experience. Let us know how you get on

ReputationRep:
    I know this was a while ago but just found my post again. Selection was great and I have been selected to go to Chile in August 2018 for a year!!!! I’m so excited

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Labrador99)
    17-19 is inclusive of both 17 and 19, so your age will still be fine. Well done for your application being accepted and hope your selection stage goes well!
    I’ve been accepted to go to Chile in August 2018!! I’m so excited! Selection was great btw
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Stitchy1999)
    I’ve been accepted to go to Chile in August 2018!! I’m so excited! Selection was great btw
    That's fantastic news! Well done!

ReputationRep:
    Amazing, Chile looks spectacular I hope you have a great time

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.