Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ok guys I have a question. I know this girl in the university for 3 years now. In fact we have been friends for 3 years. I started having feelings for her 8 months ago but I didn't say anything to her. After the summer vacation this year I had decided to tell her how I really feel. But when she came back she already had a boyfriend. But couple weeks later they broke up. And I took a chance and told her. She said no at the time. And the next few weeks were rough. We didn't talk that much in fact I was mentally unstable. But few days ago she texted me and told me she wants us to be friends again and she will try to think about what I asked. It's been 10 days since and she hasn't told me anything about it still. But we were talking normally this whole time. What do you think guys? what did she mean when she said she will try? Should I ask her again or should I wait for her to say something? I really like this girl...

(Original post by Nipun Banda)
    Ok guys I have a question. I know this girl in the university for 3 years now. In fact we have been friends for 3 years. I started having feelings for her 8 months ago but I didn't say anything to her. After the summer vacation this year I had decided to tell her how I really feel. But when she came back she already had a boyfriend. But couple weeks later they broke up. And I took a chance and told her. She said no at the time. And the next few weeks were rough. We didn't talk that much in fact I was mentally unstable. But few days ago she texted me and told me she wants us to be friends again and she will try to think about what I asked. It's been 10 days since and she hasn't told me anything about it still. But we were talking normally this whole time. What do you think guys? what did she mean when she said she will try? Should I ask her again or should I wait for her to say something? I really like this girl...
    You've been friend zoned move on. She will be nothing more than a friend if you want to remain friends than go back to your old selves. If she changes her mind about being friends she will ask you out. Don't ask her out you'll ruin your friendship.

ReputationRep:
    Give her some time to think, don't ask her again as that might come across like you're begging or pestering her. Let her have time, and in the mean time just talk to her like you have been, as friends.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrawTheLine)
    Give her some time to think, don't ask her again as that might come across like you're begging or pestering her. Let her have time, and in the mean time just talk to her like you have been, as friends.
    Well how long should I wait more? And this may sound stupid. but last week I gave her this bracelet from my country. And she was wearing it for the next two days. Could it mean anything? or am I mean just stupid?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Well how long should I wait more? And this may sound stupid. but last week I gave her this bracelet from my country. And she was wearing it for the next two days. Could it mean anything? or am I mean just stupid?
    it means nothing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiger Rag)
    it means nothing
    Life is tough I guess....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiger Rag)
    it means nothing
    hahahahahaha im dead
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rafiali99)
    hahahahahaha im dead
    what you done now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rafiali99)
    hahahahahaha im dead
    -_- Come on... And what do you think ?

ReputationRep:
    Just wait until she mentions it. And no, it doesn't mean anything. She wore it probably to be nice because you got it for her. Whenever my boyfriend gives me jewellery, I wear it for a couple days after before it joins my circulation of other bits to show that I appreciate the gift.

ReputationRep:
    Be patient time will tell you what to do. I think you should not ask her again and again czzz she might hate you asking that and sometimes you might me the worst of her so I guess you don't ask her again.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 30, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.