Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've just finished planning my first essay at university.

This is the question:

Describe and evaluate two models of memory and consider how these apply to everyday life.

I've planned it like this:

- Introduction defining memory, introducing the 2 models (will be quite short)
    - Paragraph 1 describing the first model and how it applies to everyday life
    - Paragraph 2 evaluating the first model
    - Paragraph 3 describing the second model and how it applies to everyday life
    - Paragraph 4 evaluating the second model
    - Conclusion saying overall impression of both models and summing up their usefulness in daily life

My limit is 1000 words. Is it too A-Level-y? I've structured it like that to make sure I address all parts of the question - describe, evaluate and consider.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrawTheLine)
    I've just finished planning my first essay at university.

This is the question:

Describe and evaluate two models of memory and consider how these apply to everyday life.

I've planned it like this:

- Introduction defining memory, introducing the 2 models (will be quite short)
    - Paragraph 1 describing the first model and how it applies to everyday life
    - Paragraph 2 evaluating the first model
    - Paragraph 3 describing the second model and how it applies to everyday life
    - Paragraph 4 evaluating the second model
    - Conclusion saying overall impression of both models and summing up their usefulness in daily life

My limit is 1000 words. Is it too A-Level-y? I've structured it like that to make sure I address all parts of the question - describe, evaluate and consider.
    That seems fine - try not to worry too much. The reason "first year doesn't count" is because that's when you'll get the most support and help getting used to what is expected of you.

If you're worried then schedule a short (10 minute) meeting with your personal tutor to get their input. I'm sure it's fine

The difference at uni level isn't normally around structure as much as about the sources and referencing you're expected to bring to your work.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.