Contacts!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    i think without glasses...

ReputationRep:
    honestly i think u look a lot better without glasses

ReputationRep:
    Without glasses, like you said, you look like some weird nerdy IT consultant with glasses.

ReputationRep:
    You do look more attractive without the glasses, but glasses don't make you look unattractive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Uni Kid)
    My issue with Glasses and it may because I'm slim rather than muscular (and usually clean shaven or slightly stubble) is that I have this intelligent looking nerd vibe. As someone recently put it "you look like an IT consultant". Haha. Glasses get you pigeon holed. Not that being perceived as intelligent is a bad thing, but I'm kind of neutral with it for reasons mentioned above.

I'd be interested to hear from Glasses or ex Glasses people what you think!
    These glasses don't suit you so it is difficult to judge.

ReputationRep:
    No glasses.

ReputationRep:
    glasses :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Whichever is easier (eg if you do a lot of sports , then glasses). Or use both and switch between?

ReputationRep:
    neither I think you'd suit a monacle better lad

ReputationRep:
    Without glasses for sure

My issue with Glasses and it may because I'm slim rather than muscular (and usually clean shaven or slightly stubble) is that I have this intelligent looking nerd vibe. As someone recently put it "you look like an IT consultant". Haha. Glasses get you pigeon holed. Not that being perceived as intelligent is a bad thing, but I'm kind of neutral with it for reasons mentioned above.

Try out different frames if you don't like the ones you have, some that are a bit more rounded that follow your face shape? Frames can make a difference if you feel that the ones you have aren't your style.
      Though as I glasses wearer, I understand that it can be quite difficult. :rofl:

ReputationRep:
      Maybe they’re not the right glasses for you
      They’re too wide so take your time picking a new pair and get opinions before you buy them
      Either way is fine but remember that you shouldn’t wear contacts all day every day.

ReputationRep:

You'd suit glasses just not those glasses. Invest in some designer glasses (like wayfarers or circular ones (like harry potter glasses but thicker). Then you won't look like an IT consultant.

ReputationRep:
      Didn't mean to vote 'Slightly better WITH glasses' - I meant to vote WITHOUT

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by aamirac)
      Try out different frames if you don't like the ones you have, some that are a bit more rounded that follow your face shape? Frames can make a difference if you feel that the ones you have aren't your style.
      Though as I glasses wearer, I understand that it can be quite difficult. :rofl:
      True, I could try this. I've worn lots of different pairs over the years am happy with these as I don't like glasses that make bold statements, as I'm a little shy like that. But different shaped glasses might work better. Trouble is I'm useless at fashion sense but I could ask someone who isn't! Have you ever thought about contacts or laser eye surgery?
      PS: thanks for the detailed response BTW! 🙂

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Sammylou40)
      Maybe they’re not the right glasses for you
      They’re too wide so take your time picking a new pair and get opinions before you buy them
      Either way is fine but remember that you shouldn’t wear contacts all day every day.
      Yeah I couldn't entirely ditch glasses. But moving over to glasses in social settings would be amazing, I just have to get past the phobia of putting tiny plastic on my eye. Thanks for your thoughtful response!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Muttley79)
      Interesting! My fashion sense is very weak, any personal suggestions as to what sort of pair would suit the shape of my face?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Muttley79)
      Thanks for your response!

Interesting! My fashion sense is very weak, any personal suggestions as to what sort of pair would suit the shape of my face?

ReputationRep:
      contacts

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.