Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do women complain about the sexualisation of boobs but then buy push up bras? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrawTheLine)
    Oh dear haven't I just twisted some knickers tonight! Let me clear myself up.

My whole post was an opinion. I never said it was fact or accurate. I didn't research my initial post, I just wrote what I've been under the impression of in regards to this topic. Apologies for offending you with my incorrect statement. I take it back, back I say!
    Why did you post something if you didn't know if it was accurate and didn't research it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trinculo)
    That's because your opinion doesn't make sense.

Some women complain about sexualisation of breasts.

Some women buy wonderbras.

There's nothing to say that they're the same women.
    Yeah I know it doesn't make sense, I said I struggled to make it make sense.

I also know they're not the same woman. I'm curious to see how others interpret my opinion, genuinely because I know I worded it weirdly, but knowing TSR I won't dig myself out of the hole, I'll make myself at home.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nebuchadnezzaṛ)
    Why did you post something if you didn't know if it was accurate and didn't research it?
    Because I assumed it being my opinion I didn't have to research it. I assumed this was just another general light-hearted discussion.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I know it doesn't make sense, I said I struggled to make it make sense.

I also know they're not the same woman. I'm curious to see how others interpret my opinion, genuinely because I know I worded it weirdly, but knowing TSR I won't dig myself out of the hole, I'll make myself at home.
    FFS please don't come out with any social experiment nonsense. Ain't nobody got time for that

ReputationRep:
    Because I assumed it being my opinion I didn't have to research it. I assumed this was just another general light-hearted discussion.
    Do you know the difference between opinion and fact?

ReputationRep:
    FFS please don't come out with any social experiment nonsense. Ain't nobody got time for that
    Wasn't planning on it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nebuchadnezzaṛ)
    Do you know the difference between opinion and fact?
    No I guess not.

ReputationRep:
    You've missed the point. In adverts and in media, a man can have his bare chest out without covering his nipples. However, if a woman goes out on social media with her nipples out, it's "offensive" and "nudity" and it gets removed from the site. It's just so wrong. Breasts are for feeding babies and producing milk. It is some men and the media that have sexualised them into being offensive if too much is shown.

Yes, it is nice for people to think you have nice breasts. But the main issue is around nipples. A man can have his non-functional nipples out but a woman can't have her very functional ones out because it's "offensive", yet they are the things that support life.

The issue in my opinion isn't about the boob but the nipple.
    I for one support women baring their melons and nipples. This is one aspect of equality I can get around.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Because women don't want to be sexualised all the time, especially by Johnny ****face on the street.

It's not a hard concept for Christ's sake. :rolleyes:

Plenty of other reasons too. But I guess it's hard for you to know when your head is that far up

ReputationRep:
    Some women have to wear push up bras for support!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMilkSheikh)
    I for one support women baring their melons and nipples. This is one aspect of equality I can get around.
    Where it is acceptable for men to be topless, it should be for women too. Though that does mean men covering up more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingHarold)
    Where it is acceptable for men to be topless, it should be for women too.
    I don't mind. More boobs to look at in summer.

Though that does mean men covering up more.
    Why is that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nirvana1989-1994)
    Because women don't want to be sexualised all the time, especially by Johnny ****face on the street.

It's not a hard concept for Christ's sake. :rolleyes:

Plenty of other reasons too. But I guess it's hard for you to know when your head is that far up
    You prefer it when good looking Brad and Jamal sexualise you instead?

ReputationRep:
    I don't mind. More boobs to look at in summer.

Why is that?
    You would not accept no tops in a shop, or anywhere near food, for example. On a beach, by a swimming pool you would.

ReputationRep:
    Jamal ahaahha
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea who they are, and nah. Creepy people-whether they're good looking or not-belong in the metaphorical incinerator of society, along with morons like you.

ReputationRep:
    I don’t know about other women but I don’t wear low-cut tops for the attention of men or other people, I wear them because I feel good.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nirvana1989-1994)
    I have no idea who they are, and nah. Creepy people-whether they're good looking or not-belong in the metaphorical incinerator of society, along with morons like you.
    I do wonder how hot this incinerator gets. It seems remarkably harmless, as my core temperature remains at room level or lower (cold showers do that to you). I'll continue observing bitc...women and their assets.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I do wonder how hot this incinerator gets. It seems remarkably harmless, as my core temperature remains at room level or lower (cold showers do that to you). I'll continue observing bitc...women and their assets.
    Not like they'll observe you though.

ReputationRep:
    That's because your opinion doesn't make sense.

Some women complain about sexualisation of breasts.

Some women buy wonderbras.

There's nothing to say that they're the same women.
    LMAO yes boo X

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 2, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.