Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,
    I’m new to fitness and have a basic idea on how to build the muscle on my bum, but I have a few questions: (I’m 147 pounds, 5ft 5)

How much protein should I put into a shake daily and how many shakes should I consume?

In particular, what excersises do I need to do to develop my bum?

Any crucial information that you could provide would be muchly appreciated, thanks

ReputationRep:
    For growth, you want to get like 0.7-1.0g protein per lb of body weight daily, from your diet mainly and then top the rest up with shakes. You want to be in caloric surplus as well for muscle growth, so calculate your Basal Metabolic Rate online and then multiply by around 1.55 to start with, shoot to eat that many calories a day - add more or less as you need. Eat carbs on the days you lift too.

For growth, it's all about squats. I'd start at a comfortable weight and aim for the 8-10 rep range. Take a break and do maybe 3 or 4 sets of barbell squats. Move onto some lunges holding some dumbbells. Stick to the same rep and set range. Hip extensions and flutter kicks, around 20 reps of 3 sets. Finally, doing 3 sets of deadlifts at a comfortable weight for 8-10 reps. You should start to see results, good luck
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered nutrition and supplements threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.