The Student Room Group

Losing Weight ASAP!

I am seriously not comfortable in my own skin and want to lose weight as soon as possible. In this last week i have put on 5kgs!! I am 11 kgs overweight and i would do anything to lose weight. I find it hard to find a gym because of my age and i am not very comfortable doing exercise in public. A strict healthy eating diet and weight loss regime would do miracles for me as i want to feel comfortable in my own skin and gain my confidence back. So any tips would do. Thanks in advance!
Reply 1
Anything will do!!!!
Original post by Taz554:-)
I am seriously not comfortable in my own skin and want to lose weight as soon as possible. In this last week i have put on 5kgs!! I am 11 kgs overweight and i would do anything to lose weight. I find it hard to find a gym because of my age and i am not very comfortable doing exercise in public. A strict healthy eating diet and weight loss regime would do miracles for me as i want to feel comfortable in my own skin and gain my confidence back. So any tips would do. Thanks in advance!

1. don't be uncomfortable in your skin, isn't that like a trend now being any size and proud it's all over insta chck it out it'll probably make you feel better about yourself.

however i do reccomend that you stay optimistic regarldess of how you look to an extent, and that extent is that you can maintain a healthy lifestlye with the wieght your in. for example you can walk a mile or two with rellative easy. climb a flight of stairs without being out of breath and get up to your daily acitvties without limits.

2. As for this magic 5kg you have put on in a week don't sweat it, this could be due to anything including
- water weight. if your retaining a lot of water in your body it could cause up to 10lbs of weight gain
-food and waste- if you had a recent meal and or havn't visited to the toilet rcently that could contribute to weight gain.
- clothes you were wearing might differ the weight.
- the surface your scale is on e.g on a carpet youll be lighter than the marble in your kitchen.
-and the list goes on
so to summarise weight gain dosnt neccesarily mean your fatter, try measuring your BMI it will give you a good indication.

3. As for losing weight i beleive your in luck my freind,you dont requrie a gym or any cardio e.g rowing treadmill to lose weight , though the are a good contribution.
you just have to put yourself in a calorie deficit, meaning burn more calories than you eat. theres loads of ways to do this but honeslty just make a diet that suits you and try exercise even if its a brisk walk around your local park it contributes to calorei expenditure, but most imprtantly just control what you eat matain a CALORIE DEFICIT.
Reply 3
Original post by harun_farah
1. don't be uncomfortable in your skin, isn't that like a trend now being any size and proud it's all over insta chck it out it'll probably make you feel better about yourself.

however i do reccomend that you stay optimistic regarldess of how you look to an extent, and that extent is that you can maintain a healthy lifestlye with the wieght your in. for example you can walk a mile or two with rellative easy. climb a flight of stairs without being out of breath and get up to your daily acitvties without limits.

2. As for this magic 5kg you have put on in a week don't sweat it, this could be due to anything including
- water weight. if your retaining a lot of water in your body it could cause up to 10lbs of weight gain
-food and waste- if you had a recent meal and or havn't visited to the toilet rcently that could contribute to weight gain.
- clothes you were wearing might differ the weight.
- the surface your scale is on e.g on a carpet youll be lighter than the marble in your kitchen.
-and the list goes on
so to summarise weight gain dosnt neccesarily mean your fatter, try measuring your BMI it will give you a good indication.

3. As for losing weight i beleive your in luck my freind,you dont requrie a gym or any cardio e.g rowing treadmill to lose weight , though the are a good contribution.
you just have to put yourself in a calorie deficit, meaning burn more calories than you eat. theres loads of ways to do this but honeslty just make a diet that suits you and try exercise even if its a brisk walk around your local park it contributes to calorei expenditure, but most imprtantly just control what you eat matain a CALORIE DEFICIT.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!! I acc thought the only way to get thinner is to exercise 24/7. However i got weighed at my GP and those are pretty accurate... My BMI isn't exceeding what is seen as healthy but for my age is kinda bad.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending